DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

UninstallSpectrum won't start

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  UninstallSpectrum won't start

Posted 11-17-2015 11:08 AM

Hey Community,

I try to uninstall (as root) a Spectrum 9.3H03 by executing "./UninstallSpectrum" within the "/usr/SPECTRUM/Install-Tools/Uninstaller/" directory but the only thing that happens is that I get an "Invocation Error" (see screenshot).

Tried the process also with the mentioned arguments but no success. Anyone ever had this issue and knows a solution?

The machine is a CentOS 6.7 64bit. I know I could simply remove all Spectrum related files but I rather would like to use the official Uninstaller.

Thanks for any hints,

Jan

UninstallFails.png

• 2.  Re: UninstallSpectrum won't start

Posted 11-17-2015 11:54 AM

Hi Jan,

I have seen a similiar message once, but for an older version of Spectrum (9.2 I believe it was). Haven't seen it happening for a while though.

Since removing files and cleaning up manually also works, we didn't really bother looking into it.

But maybe it is something related to the temp directory permissions, sticky bit, something like that.

Greetings,

Benjamin

• 3.  Re: UninstallSpectrum won't start
    Best Answer

Posted 11-23-2015 02:50 AM

Hm so one of those things... you don't bother CA support again for ;-)

I removed the s-bit from /tmp but still the Uninstaller won't start. I see that files get created and access should be no problem (regardless of the sticky bit).

So I came back to the original fallback idea... removing the files manually. Here is a list what should be removed. Any other suggestions so we could complete the list if somebody else stumbles upon this post?

rm -rf /usr/SPECTRUM

rm -rf /opt/SRAdmin

rm -rf /opt/SPECTRUM

rm -rf /opt/CA

rm -rf /etc/init.d/sradmin

rm -rf /etc/init.d/processd

rm -rf /etc/rc*.d/*processd

rm -rf /etc/rc*.d/*sradmin

• 4.  Re: UninstallSpectrum won't start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 06-26-2017 01:37 PM

Thanks for using the CA Community!  It looks like your question has been answered so we are closing this thread out.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us again.

• 5.  Re: UninstallSpectrum won't start

Posted 06-27-2017 01:23 AM

Yeah god **** close this.