DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 05:49 PM

Like the title of this discussion says:  Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash.

If you have attempted to upgrade your primary SpectroSERVER to the 10.2.0 release while the secondary remains at it's current release, upon starting the primary SpectroSERVER it could crash.

At the core of the problem is an incompatibility of the new 10.2.0 alarm snooze functionality with pre-10.2.0 SpectroSERVERs.

We have patch PTF_10.2.003 to install on your primary SpectroSERVER after upgrading to 10.2.0 but before starting it.  However, this patch has not yet been officially released and a knowledgebase doc has not yet been created - both are in progress.

If you want this patch please open a support case requesting it.

I will update this discussion thread as I get more information.

--

Rene' Cantwell

• 2.  Re: Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi,

I had this problem upgrading 10.1.1 to 10.2 running on RedHat 5.9

Error message to help other users:

SPC-OCP-10049: The SpectroSERVER process terminated with a Segmentation Violation

#caspectrum10.2 #10.2 #terminated #segmentation #violation #update

[]s

VW

• 3.  Re: Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:37 AM

Is this a primary fault tolerant SpectroSERVER with a secondary at the 10.1.1 release?

We are in the process of creating a knowledgebase doc to give more details and a steps to recover from the crash.  We'll also make the patch available for download without having to open a support case.  

--

Rene'

• 4.  Re: Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:40 AM

Yes, it was!

Support sent me this PTF and now is ok!

• 5.  Re: Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:08 PM

One of my DSS servers was generating the following error.

SPC-OCP-10049: The SpectroSERVER process terminated with a Segmentation Violation

I attempted to start the DSS server with ./startSS.pl and spectrum server started successfully.

• 6.  Re: Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Posted Jan 15, 2017 06:08 AM

I had that problem too in the first time o upgrade, the workaround solution was to stop both Spectrum Servers upgrade both and then start both

• 7.  Re: Upgrading to Spectrum 10.2.0 in fault tolerant environment could cause SpectroSERVER to crash

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 11:07 AM

We have published a knowledgebase doc - TEC1903686 that describes the problem, workaround and recovery steps if you have already experienced the crash.