DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  OpenAPI query data for devices identified as 'other'

Posted Mar 21, 2016 11:15 AM

Is there any way of querying data from the Data Aggregator for devices that are being identified as 'other'? The system identifies my devices as 'other' and I am able to see in the dashboards data that is collected. On the OpenAPI query, on the other hand, I am unable to select the device so I can extract data for it using a query.

Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: OpenAPI query data for devices identified as 'other'

Posted Apr 04, 2016 03:11 AM

Hi,

my understanding is that devices in category other are devices which are not managed by Performance Manager. That means that the devices was not discovert by an discovery profile.

Performance Center learned this devices from spectrum or nfa but are not polled by Performance Manager.

best regards

Uwe

• 3.  Re: OpenAPI query data for devices identified as 'other'

Posted Apr 04, 2016 03:28 AM

Apparently, the version I had installed had a bug in it. The DeviceTypes.xml configuration was not working. After installing a newer version of PM, I was successful in identifying my device as server, thus being able to extract collected data for the device.

For devices identified as 'others' there is no way to extract data from the system. The sysObjectID of devices have to be manually added to 'DeviceTypes.xml' configuration file under $KARAF_HOME/custom/devicetypes/DeviceTypes.xml.