DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Restoration of XML Files

Posted Apr 19, 2016 03:20 PM

Good Afternoon,

Background: One of my Spectrum Admins was trying to make some customization via XML files.  It was a rather simple task in adding a custom column to the list tab.  Well after the attempt failed, they reached out to me for a solution and when I sent them an appropriately edited table-list-config.xml file, the customization does not want to take effect.  What I suspect is that one of the core .xml files was erroneously edited and is causing issues.

Question:  How can I get them to restore the XML files without re-installing the software, either by downloading a ZIP or some other auto-magical technique?

Thanks

Stephen

• 2.  Re: Restoration of XML Files
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2016 08:47 AM

The only way I can think of is copying the directory structure from another OneClick server (if you have more than 1).

You should never edit the original files. You should be copying the files into the $SPECROOT/custom directory and then those 'override' the built in ones.

If you haven't got a secondary server or backups to use for restoring the files - you would need to upgrade (since this replaces files not in custom) or install over the existing version.

Make sure you backup your existing spectrum directory before doing this as some files are overwritten and some of your other changes might be overwritten too.