DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Cisco Entity Alarm and adding extra data from the Entity Mib.

Posted Jun 10, 2015 03:34 PM

I have a request from one of my users to add information to the alarm that is triggered by the Cisco Entity Alarm trap.  The current alarm simply provides the information from the trap and so is not very descriptive.  Example:

Physical Entity Alarm Asserted Event A physical entity with Entity Table Physical Index 66037, Alarm Type 35 has asserted an alarm with severity critical at time 0+00:51:38.

What they want me to do is to take the Index (66037) and look up the Entity Name (entPhysicalName - 0xc40ab1).  That would be easy if this existed on the current model.  However, it is a child application model under this device.  So, I am going to have to write an Event Procedure to do this.  I was hoping that someone else may have already written one or solved this problem before.  Is there anyone out there that has done this and can help?  If not, I'll write the procedure, just hoping to save some time and not recreate what may have already been done.

• 2.  Re: Cisco Entity Alarm and adding extra data from the Entity Mib.

Posted Sep 18, 2015 04:00 PM

We ended up creating an event procedure to grab the extra data.

• 3.  RE: Re: Cisco Entity Alarm and adding extra data from the Entity Mib.

Posted Jul 02, 2019 04:15 AM
    Yes , even i am also facing the same issue . Can you suggest what has been done .