I installed a new Spectroserver in a DSS environment, gave it a unique landscape handle and pointed it to the MLS. The new landscape shows up at the Administration -> Landscapes pages with a OK status. The problem is that it does not show int OneClick client. I already restarted OneClick to no avail. All my servers are running the same version: 9.3 H01.
What am I missing?
A few extra points:
- There is a firewall in the way, but all the TCP communication is allowed between new landscape and all the other ones, including OneClick ( I double-checked with tcpdump);
- There is no NAT involved;
- The new Landscape appear in the output of "MapUpdate -v" in all the other Landscapes;
- Spectroserver is running as causer in all the servers;
- All the hosts and all the users are allowed in Host Security (+ sign);
- Name resolution is working between all servers;
Does the OneClick Server see the new landscape?
OneClick Web Page ~~> Administration ~~> Landscapes
Was the same install user specified on the new SpectroSERVER machine?
It is possible that the user you are logging into the console as does not have permissions to the new landscape (the new landscape does not have a user model for your user).
Thank you very much Gregory,
You nailed it! I logged in in Oneclick as causer and was able to see the new Landscape.