DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Nov 24, 2015 08:09 AM

Hello everybody !

At office we work with the assignment of alarms, and when the problem is acknowledge we put it in "Maintenance Mode", but the assignment clear because "Maintenance Mode" is new a alarm, and the i must assigment me again the alarm.

Is posible auto-assing the alarm of "maintenance mode" to the user wich set the device in maintenance mode ??

Thanks in advance !

Diego Pereyra

• 2.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Nov 24, 2015 09:29 AM

The only way I can think to do this is using the AlarmNotifier. You would need to customize the SetScript to parse out the username from the event logged when a model is put into maintenance mode and then use the $SPECROOT/Notifier/assignticket or updatealarm programs to assign the alarm,

• 3.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Nov 24, 2015 11:19 AM

Joseph, i'm testing that solution, i add in SetScript something like this "./assignticket $MHANDLE $AID $assignee_person" when a maintenance alarmn is set. But what is the ModelHandle for the user logged in oneclick ?

For a webmenu launcher i use this:

<expression> com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.context.DefaultApplicationContext.getGlobalParameter(com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.context.ApplicationContext.USER_PARAMETER_NAME)

</expression>

Diego MP

• 4.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Nov 24, 2015 11:26 AM

$MHANDLE is the model handle of the model where the alarm was raised not the model handle of the user.

The following is the syntax of the assignticket utility from the docs:

assignticket Utility

The assignticket utility is used to populate the Trouble Ticket ID field of an alarm with the name of

the person to whom the ticket is assigned.

Run this utility using the following syntax:

assignticket modelhandle alarmid assignee [username]

modelhandle

Indicates the handle of the model where the alarm was raised.

alarmid

Indicates the ID of the alarm to which to write.

assignee

Indicates the name of the user to whom the ticket is assigned.

username

(Optional) Specifies the name of the CA Spectrum user account to use to connect to the

SpectroSERVER.

• 5.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Nov 24, 2015 11:36 AM

I know $MH if from the device, but there is a way to get the username who put the alarm in maintenance ? I mean if there is another MH to add it as extraargs in notifierrc.

Thanks !

Diego

• 6.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 24, 2015 11:47 AM

You will need to extract that from the event that was passed to AlarmNotifier when the model was put into maintenance mode.

EventMessage:     Tue 24 Nov, 2015 - 11:46:01 - SwCat45xx (name - cat4503): The device model has been put in Maintenance Mode by user ackjo04@spectrum. (event [0x00010222])

• 7.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Nov 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Thanks, i forget that, about EventMessage.

Later i upload the code.

diego

• 8.  Re: Auto assignment beside maintenance mode

Posted Dec 11, 2015 07:18 AM

After a while of playing with this i cannot make it work. The "assignticket Utility" its only to populate the Trouble Ticket ID field, not the assingment field. So i try to do this with RESTful, a curl command when the maintenance alarm occurs in the SetScript. Im able to put in maintenance with curl or set alarms.. but i cannot finde out how set a TroubleShooter to an alarm.

Any help is welcome !

Diego MP