DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Posted Nov 02, 2015 02:33 PM

Hello all;

I've been fighting with some issues with report manager in Spectrum 10 for a couple of weeks and I'm in need of a bit of help moving forward.

I'm having problems creating availability reports. Every report shows 100% availability when I know that's not true. I recently initialized the reporting database in the SRM server and when it started processing data I found this:

query.jpg

That's a sample, but absolutely every outage starts and ends at the exect same time, therefore showing no outage at all in the reports. Any clues about why this can be? I recently upgraded this instalation from Spectrum 9.4 and initialized reporting databases.

I also found weird data in the alarmtitle table that I had to replace with data from a backup. It didn't show alarm types but what appeared to be information from existing events. That made impossible to generate alarm based reports. I had to upload the data from a backup and then it started working.

Apparently I have my database working in some strange ways. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards.

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 06:54 AM

If the outage is starting and ending at the exactly same time, did you check in the Events tab of each device where this problem is happening?

If you see the same (alarm is asserted and cleared at the exactly same time), this is not a SRM (Spectrum Report Manager) issue.

You have to figured out why this is happening on those devices.

Run the following MySQL query to find the model_h and model_name (based on your screenshot above):

mysql> select * from model where model_key='14216';

mysql> select * from model where model_key='14217';

mysql> select * from model where model_key='14218';

If you faced an issue with the Alarm Titles in SRM, the restored data was from the previous Spectrum release (you mentioned you had upgraded Spectrum)?

Take a look at this document:

TEC612561 - Alarm Titles are showing up correctly in Spectrum OneClick but are showing unknown in Report Manager

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Posted Nov 03, 2015 10:49 AM

Silvio;

Thanks for the response. I checked what you said and I noticed that it's not processing new outages at all. Every outage I have is historic. The events tab and alarm history in the oneclick client for the devices look fine. With correct create and clear dates.

Thanks and regards!

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 11:25 AM

If you run the following MySQL query, it will show the reporting db synchronization time.

mysql> select * from landscape\G

Check the Tomcat log file ($SPECROOT/tomcat/logs/sdtout.log (Windows) or catalina.out (Linux/UNIX) ) if there is any error regarding SRM.

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2015 07:39 AM

I had the events completely synchronized. However, I had duplicated user models in SRM due to capitalization in a multiple SS environment. As soon as I left only one with destroy_time=NULL in the reporting database, it started working.

Thank you for your help!

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Posted Dec 01, 2015 09:01 PM

Hi Fgonzalezr,

I seem to be having the same issue with the Outage log reports. Could I check how you resovled it?

Cheers!

Regards,

Murali

• 7.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Posted Dec 02, 2015 09:16 AM

Murali;

• I had to check in OneClick if I had duplicated users (I.E.: Spectrum and spectrum) since Oneclick client is not case sensitive but Report Manager is.
    • Once I found I had one user duplicated, I searched for its model in the model table from the reporting database. I found both users, with different capital letters.
    • What I did next was setting the "Destroy date" value so that only one user remained "undestroyed" (destroy_time=NULL). Then after a Tomcat restart everything started working fine.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more specific guidance.

Regards.

• 8.  Re: CA Spectrum 10 Report Manager issue

Posted Dec 03, 2015 02:51 AM

Hi Fgonzalezr

Thanks for your help! I'll go through the steps and see if it resolves my issue. Cheers!

Regards,

Murali