DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Metric Tag not available from Response Path Test Metric Family

Posted Mar 22, 2016 10:57 PM

Hi,

I am using CA PM 2.5. Currently we monitor the Response Path Test from Cisco devices. When I want to add Tag Metric to the dashboard, I can't find the Tag metric in Metric list. Then I checked the Vendor Certifications and it's there, I can see the Tag metric with the metric expression from the Vendor OID. Why I can't show the Tag metric in the dashboard?

Tag Metric not available.png

metric Tag.png

Regards,

Yan

• 2.  Re: Metric Tag not available from Response Path Test Metric Family

Posted Mar 25, 2016 12:07 PM

Hi Yan,

I see your reference to PM-2.5 as your current release level.

I have begun working with PM-2.7 in the last few months, specifically regarding cert-extensions and custom-vendor-certs.

I'm not certain if new MVEL features in 2.7 will be required for your request-issue, but I'd suggest that rather than 'adding a tag metric' i think you likely want to custom-extend the standard Names field to pull in the Tag-String in place of the default-name-code. 

The reason for this is because beyond Name and Descr fields, the typical expression fields need to be calculated numeric values.

• 3.  Re: Metric Tag not available from Response Path Test Metric Family

Posted Mar 26, 2016 07:14 AM

Hi Wade,

I have tried to extend the metric family, but still the new metric is not available in the metric list.

new tag metric.pngnew Tag Metric not available.png

Does this problem also happen in 2.7 version?

Regards,

Yan

• 4.  Re: Metric Tag not available from Response Path Test Metric Family

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2016 07:24 PM

Hello Yan,

Its been a little while since there have been further updates to this forum thread.

I wonder, before I start asking questions about the problem described, does it remain? Was a solution found, or was a formal support case ever opened?

Let me know if you still need assistance with the problem posted in this thread.

Thanks,

Michael

• 5.  Re: Metric Tag not available from Response Path Test Metric Family
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 24, 2016 08:39 AM

Hi Michael,

For this problem I have opened the formal support case (case ID 00341114), and they said that this feature is not available out of the box, and need to raise enhancement request. This is the enhancement request link https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235731242

Regards,

Yan