DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Using user attributes in custom spectrum menu

Posted Nov 23, 2015 12:01 PM

Hi Community,

I'm working on a script which I want to integrate via the right-click menu. I've got it all working well except one thing. I would like to use the OC users email-address as a parameter which is passed to the script on the webserver. I know how to do the username but I would like the email address as well.

The username is passed like so:

<param>

<expression>

com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.context.DefaultApplicationContext.getGlobal

Parameter(com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.context.ApplicationContext.

USER_PARAMETER_NAME)

</expression>

</param>

anybody a clue on how to pass the users email address? The model which is selected when starting the menu option is not the user model but an actual device.

thanks in advance

Hans

• 2.  Re: Using user attributes in custom spectrum menu

Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:08 AM

I think opening a ticket with Support and asking them to ask the Spectrum Dev team, "can anything else be passed under com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.context.ApplicationContext besides USER_PARAMETER_NAME?" will be your best bet.

I've wondered this for a few years, and grepping all the logs/configs/SDK docs comes up with nothing.

It would be great if they listed all the methods and variables accessible under com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.context.DefaultApplicationContext.

• 3.  Re: Using user attributes in custom spectrum menu

Posted Nov 25, 2015 03:22 PM

Hans,

I think the only way you are going to be able to do that is incorporating some Command Line Interface (CLI) to grab the value of the User_Email attribute id 0x12912 from the User model for that user.