DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Can anyone suggest about how to update spectrum 9.2.0.3.14 to its latest version ? Please tell me the exact procedure.

Posted Aug 10, 2015 01:37 AM

Hi Fellows

suggest me the proper way to update the mentioned spectrum version to its latest version.

• 2.  Re: Can anyone suggest about how to update spectrum 9.2.0.3.14 to its latest version ? Please tell me the exact procedure.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2015 02:20 AM

Hi anilgupta64,

To upgrade to the latest Spectrum 10, you need to upgrade to  9.2.2 (also known as H08) or any 9.2.3 hotfix and above firstly, and then you can install 9.4.0 , then install 10.0.

• 3.  Re: Can anyone suggest about how to update spectrum 9.2.0.3.14 to its latest version ? Please tell me the exact procedure.

Posted Aug 10, 2015 02:58 AM

Hello,

Ensure that it is mandate that you would need to have Windows 2008 - minimum.

Windows 2003 is not supported from Spectrum 9.4

Cheers!

Lakshmi.

• 4.  Re: Can anyone suggest about how to update spectrum 9.2.0.3.14 to its latest version ? Please tell me the exact procedure.

Posted Aug 10, 2015 06:52 AM

Hi Lakshmi

what else is needed i terms of system requirement like ram and hard disk  ?

• 5.  Re: Can anyone suggest about how to update spectrum 9.2.0.3.14 to its latest version ? Please tell me the exact procedure.
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2015 07:51 AM

Hello Gautam,

Have a look at this link to upgrade to Spectrum 10.0

CA Spectrum - CA Spectrum - 10.0 - CA Wiki

• 6.  Re: Can anyone suggest about how to update spectrum 9.2.0.3.14 to its latest version ? Please tell me the exact procedure.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2015 07:14 AM

Hello Anil,

please have a look to the CA Spectrum Installation Guides - which will cover most of your questions already. Also I would encourage you to test your upgrade procedure by a new test-install / lab-environment. You can do so by using the CA Spectrum Online-Backup files - to then install i.e. a new CA Spectrum R9.3 installation. For this check the manuals explaining:

Chapter 1 - System Requirements

Chapter 2 - Prerequisites

Chapter 3 - Upgrading CA Spectrum -- here check for dbsavefile.SSdb and the procedure

Ahead of this - you need to know your current installation infrastructure (like - having a distributed Spectrum installation / having customization like Event-, Alarm-customizations / having imported additional MIB and mapped/created custom attributes and watches). Finally - the upgrade affects the Java Runtime Environment at workstation level too and the workstations java install requires update too.

I would suggest to engage CA Services in case of upgrade for a big production, distrubuted and customized CA Spectrum installation. Also you may find additional education sessions for this.

But - as said - first I would like to point to the CA Spectrum Installation Guide .. this truly covers most of all aspects.

Kind regards, Joerg