DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Spectrum 9.4.2  Polling intervals and events

Posted Sep 10, 2015 07:48 PM

CA Spectrum 9.4.2  Polling intervals are every 3 minutes I missed a poll for device X, i'd like for it to now poll that device once a minute, if after 4 polls at every minute it is still down, then alert.  This way we are still at 7 minutes but it was 4 actual polling events. 

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum 9.4.2  Polling intervals and events
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2015 07:58 PM

Polling retries are controlled by the DCM timeout and DCM retry count attributes.  By default, Spectrum doesn't alert when just one poll fails.  It retries 3 times with 3000 milliseconds (3 seconds) in between.  So, to get your behavior, you could try changing your retry interval to 60000 milliseconds.  You can find this under the component details for each device:

There are also global settings for ICMP requests in Spectrum under the VNM icon:

You can adjust these as well.  Just be aware that altering the DCM and ICMP values will impact how quickly Spectrum detects an issue in the network. 

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum 9.4.2  Polling intervals and events

Posted Dec 20, 2015 04:57 AM

I would like to add that if you're interested in changing the polling interval for certain types of devices or sites, you should use Policy Manager and assign a corresponding polling interval (attribute 0x10071) to each GC. This makes it much simpler to manage different intervals across the landscape.