DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring Processes - Host Resources MIB 2790 Windows 2008 vs Windows 2012

• 1.  Monitoring Processes - Host Resources MIB 2790 Windows 2008 vs Windows 2012

Posted Feb 17, 2015 10:51 AM

Has anyone come across this issue and is there a fix/workaround?

When monitoring a process on a Windows 2012 server (in this instance it is an svchost.exe process), the table is populated with the paramters (from MIB hrSWRunParameters) - so this is all good.

See screen grab

Windows 2012.jpg

When attempting to do the same thing on a Windows 2008 server (this is configured to run the same service - in this case Network Policy Server) you can see from this screen grab that the parameters are not populated.

Windows 2008.jpg

It seems that the MIB section hrSWRunParameters does not have the information populated (I did a MIB walk to verify that is the case)

So this looks like a Windows issue and not a Spectrum issue but I am surprised that a Windows update hasn't addressed this (or maybe it has and it isn't a high priority one and hasn't been installed or something)

Has anyone else come across this and if so what did you do to fix it?

Kind Regards

Lesley

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Processes - Host Resources MIB 2790 Windows 2008 vs Windows 2012

Posted Jun 28, 2017 05:34 AM

Hi,

sorry for the late answer, but i read this question today during searching for another problem

It is really a windows issue, the problem ist described here and there is also an fix available:

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/2555958/snmp-services-returns-no-attributes-for-a-pid-when-you-monitor-service 

Kind regards

Ulrike