DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Jun 25, 2015 04:22 AM

Hi Community,

Within Spectrumdevices modelled as Proxy Models have set the attribute IsEventCreationenabled to no. Unfortunately, devices in maintenance mode, also have this attribute set to no, instead of just the attribute isManaged set to no.

Is there a way e.g. to filter out proxy models for a global collection but don't filter out non proxy models / devices in maintenance mode? Proxy models in maintenance mode should also be filtered out.

Maybe there are other attributes to detect proxy models only?

Regards

Marco

• 2.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2015 05:55 AM

Why don't you create a query that filters out the isManaged attribute set to true?

If I understand correctly, you should have 2 possibilities:

Proxy Models:

AND

1. isManaged=true

2. isEventCreationEnabled=false

Maintenance Mode Models:

AND

1. isManaged=false

2. isEventCreationEnabled=false

• 3.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Jun 25, 2015 10:20 AM

This would work, but could return additional results for cases where isEventCreationEnabled may have been set to 'false' for some other reasons besides Proxy models.

I think we still do need a new attribute to specifically distinguish a proxy model.

• 4.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Jun 29, 2015 08:29 AM

Justin,

Right! Don't see an attribute for this. Will check and get back to you incase i get something.

• 5.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Jun 29, 2015 09:36 AM

Exclude those devices based on a certain GC membership. But that's just a workaround. .

• 6.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Mar 18, 2016 10:30 AM

Support reached out to me to have a side-bar on this.  They explained that the use of isEventCreationEnabled has evolved over time to now explicitly mean just Proxy Models.  In fact, in v10.1 manually setting isEventCreationEnabled=No activates both the new Model Icon "Proxy" Overlay as well as sets "Is a Proxy Model = Yes" in the Information tab.

In lieu of any technical changes such as adding a new attribute, we agreed to resolve this via Documentation Improvements to ensure its explained that isEventCreationEnabled=No will always indicate Proxy Models and nothing more.

• 7.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Mar 18, 2016 10:44 AM

Hello Justin,

thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that there is a reliable way to tell if a model is a proxy model by a single attribute by now.

• 8.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:02 PM

Does that mean that putting a device into maintenance will no longer set isEventCreationEnabled=No?

(As of the 10.1 release.)

• 9.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:24 PM

Yes, that is correct (confirmed on 10.1.1.0.64)

• 10.  Re: Differentiate Proxy Models from Models in Maintenance Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2016 08:52 AM

You may want to take a look at this post describing how to create a new attribute called isProxy based on isManaged and isEventCreationEnabled: Tuesday Tip: Defining an attribute to distinguish proxy from maintenance