If you have a Data Collector which is polling EMS devices using the EMS Integration your upgrade will likely take a-lot longer than expected (in excess of an hour is typical). This is due to a limitation within InstallAnywhere where it does a chmod on every file which is backed up.
Below are the steps to workaround this issue:
1) Stop the Data Collector
2) Move the /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/MediationCenter folder to somewhere outside of the install location:
mv /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/MediationCenter <backupLocation>
3) Perform the upgrade on the Data Collector.
4) Stop the Data Collector
5) Restore the MediationCenter folder from where ever you stored it with the following command:
mv <backupLocation>/MediationCenter /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/
6) Start the Data Collector.
1) You have installed your DataCollector to /opt/IMDataCollector/
2) You have not stopped the upgrade mid backup -- If you have done this support should be contacted immediately as you likely will run into more issues even after following the above procedure.
Peter BennettCA Technologies | Support Delivery Manager
This also reduces the space needed for the backup created during install.
Other temporary files could cause similar issues if left around in the DC install directory ( hprof files for example ) and should be removed prior to install.