DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum 9.3 - any way to find all thresholded elements?

Posted Jul 08, 2015 04:57 PM

So the issue is that to set a threshold - say on a router interface - you need to go down to the Component Detail for that interface and set the thresholds and duration. Over time, as grey matter deteriorates or different people have their fingers in the pie, it's difficult to remember which elements have been set. Looking at Attributes under the Component Detail doesn't reveal anything which corresponds to the threshold being set. There also doesn't appear to be anything in the Locater searches that I can see...

Is there any way to search for all components which have thresholds set? If not, could this be considered for an enhancement?

Thanks,

Al

• 2.  Re: Spectrum 9.3 - any way to find all thresholded elements?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 02:27 AM
      |   view attached

Helloo Almon,

We have attributes on the interface which talks about thresholds. What if you customize this attributes to showup in the locator -> ports search as new columns in the result?

Have a look at my attachment.

Let me know if you would like to know anything about adding new columns under locator -> ports search.

table port config.xml under topo/config directory

1. Copy table port config.xml from topo/config to custom/topo/config

2. Place the code in it like this if you would like to have ifalias column in the port search results under locator.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<table idref="table-ports-config">

<column-list>

<column>

<name> IfAlias </name>

<content>

<attribute> 0x11f7e </attribute>

</content>

</column>

</column-list>

</table>

3. Relogin into Oneclick

HTH

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Spectrum 9.3 - any way to find all thresholded elements?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 10:11 AM

Thank you - this is great information - but I wonder who came up with those names? I never would have though to look for 'level'!

• 4.  Re: Spectrum 9.3 - any way to find all thresholded elements?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 09, 2015 09:51 AM

The Policy Manager Guide under 'Port Performance Thresholding Policy' lists many of the threshold attributes.

Port Performance Thresholding Policy - CA Spectrum - 9.4.1, 9.4.2, and 9.4.2.1 - CA Wiki

You could perhaps create a Locator Search using Model_Class Equals Port  AND the threshold greater than 0 to

find ports with thresholding enabled.

-Greg

• 5.  Re: Spectrum 9.3 - any way to find all thresholded elements?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 10:08 AM
      |   view attached

BINGO! The article does list the information I was looking for. I wonder who came up with those attribute names – I never would have thought of looking for ‘level’!

Thanks so much!

Al