DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2015 12:40 PM

I have a customer who wants to show the Gigastore Alarms in Spectrum Console, has someone done this integration? Thank you

• 2.  Re: has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Posted Jan 30, 2015 12:53 PM

I haven't done it yet, but will be looking to do this in the next few months.  Will be watching this thread for updates and/or posting what I discover when the time comes.

• 3.  Re: has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2015 04:25 PM

Thanks Jbovee, I have to do it into a PoC, someone has done this now?

• 4.  Re: has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Posted Feb 06, 2015 12:11 AM

Miguel,

I don't think we have direct integration between Gigastore and Spectrum atleast from Spectrum end. Instead the flow goes like this Gigastore --> NPC --> Spectrum.

Let's wait for the reply from larger audience.

Kalyan

• 5.  Re: has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Posted Feb 06, 2015 08:24 AM

I am working right now on making Spectrum responsible for all of the relevant GigaStor alerting.  I've got a separate system with Observer installed that is attached to a monitoring instance on all of my GigaStors and then have configured alerts for various events (link down, connection down, etc.) within that copy of Observer.  It is set up to send traps to Spectrum so the events can show up in the OC console.  Once I get those details ironed out, I'll configure the Areca RAID controller alerts to also send traps to Spectrum.  I'm just assuming that all of that trap handling is going to be a manual configuration within Spectrum since it doesn't seem to have those events built in.  It would definitely be nice, but likely not a high priority for the engineering team.

• 6.  Re: has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Posted Feb 06, 2015 08:38 AM

Gigastor was never a data source for NPC, nor will it ever be. It feeds data into ADA collectors, which feed into the ADA master console, which can be added as a data source to NPC. Any connection between Gigastor and Spectrum should be referred to as a connection, not an integration since the only possible connection is the forwarding of alerts from Gigastor to Spectrum in the form of traps (hardly worth the term 'integration').

• 7.  Re: has someone done the integration between Spectrum and Gigastore?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2015 05:23 PM

You are right, actually I made a wrong question It should be like somebody has made a connection between Gigastor and Spectrum through traps.