DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  agentless monitoring on VAIM

Posted Apr 02, 2015 10:03 AM

Does VAIM have the ability to monitor a Windows server without having to deploy the sysedge agent? Something like WMI? How do you set it up?  The documentation is not very clear.

• 2.  Re: agentless monitoring on VAIM
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 02, 2015 11:32 AM

Yes it does. You have to use Remote Monitoring AIM. Chapter 8 Remote Monitoring in the Administration Guide describes the process.

Basically you install the SystemEDGE agent, add Advanced Encryption, add the RM AIM and then you configure it to read data using WMI from various remote windows hosts. Running the agent using a AD account with rights to connect using WMI would help. You need to specify nevertheless an account  that is used for running the remote WMI calls.

I highly recommend configuration using monitoring policies deployed from VAIM Manager.

That's about it.

• 3.  Re: agentless monitoring on VAIM

Posted Apr 02, 2015 12:31 PM

What server am I installing the agents on? The VAIM server?  When I installed the VAIM server I installed it with all the agents.  So you're tell me that the remote host DOES NOT need to have any agent installed but VAIM will use these agents on itself to monitor the remote server using WMI?

• 4.  Re: agentless monitoring on VAIM

Posted Jul 09, 2015 05:49 PM

You need to install SysEDGE/RM AIM on at least 1 system. The VAIM server should be OK in most environments, but some times customers will use a dedicated system.