DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

URLS to Spectrum topology

Legacy User

Legacy UserDec 02, 2009 05:22 AM

• 1.  URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Aug 03, 2009 07:48 AM
    Is there a way to see Spectrum topolgies via a browser?Is it possible to construct a URL that will show me the topology for a given device?  Jim RegovichOrbitz

• 2.  Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2009 03:31 AM
    To access the topology applet use this URL. http:// /spectrum/topology.applet?mh=

• 3.  Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Aug 24, 2009 12:23 PM
    I  saw this and it looked like such a good idea,  I wanted to implement it in my environment. Is there a pdf file available for this type of customization that you can point me too? I have attempted this twice and depending on the Java version  I get 2 different errors. One machine with Java version 1.6.0_15 gives me a java version error, the other machine with version 1.6.0_7 loads the applet buts gives a permission denied message (even with using the Spectrum "god" install account).  Any direction would be greatly appreciated,  Jeff    

• 4.  Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Oct 22, 2009 07:39 AM
    Try this:  http://servername/spectrum/oneclick.jnlp?topology=ipaddr  Where servername is your oneclick server and ipaddr is the IP of the device you want to show

• 5.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Sep 08, 2011 08:17 AM
    DXE,
    That just opens oneclick and goes straight to the IP address you want to see. Opening oneclick, going to locator, then devices, then searching the IP will do the same thing.
    Good way to setup a custom view for someone, however, so thanks!

I think the OP is looking for the topology applet running from the browser.
    I'm trying to do the same. I have tried 3 different hotfixes and many different browsers as well as javaws and IceTea all with the same resulting error in the console:
    Version of .class is incorrect.

Support had this to say: "hmm....I don't know. It works for EVERYONE else"

This seems like a bug as CA is VERY strict on exactly which version of java webstart you can use.

Has anyone gotten this to work? So far, I don't see that it does....at all.

Thanks,
    Jeff

• 6.  Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Dec 02, 2009 05:22 AM
    Can I view some collections topology?

• 7.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Sep 08, 2011 08:33 AM
    CristianOP,
    In theory, yes.

You can view a collection or a universe, but please understand I haven't actually seen this because I can't get the applet to launch.

Here is how you find your Global modelhandle (which you need for the search)

1) Log into CLI for the landscape you wish to search
    2) Your global collection model type handle is 0x10474, so I recommend running the following to find the mh for the collection you want
    >show models |grep 0x10474
    3) The returned list will show all global collections. Let's say you have one called "Cristian" with mh=0x90a4aa (made up...don't try that handle..haha). The far left number is your actual model handle (per collection), and the right number (before word "GlobalCollection") will be 0x10474 as this, again, is the model handle for "GlobalCollection"
    4) Last you take the mh as the search criteria for your search, resulting in the following url:

(replace with your server name and you use to connect to oneclick)
    http://spectrumserver:8888/spectrum/toplogy.applet?mh=0x90a4aa

From our example, this would connect to server "spectrumserver" on port 8888 and launch topology.applet against our fake/example mh of 0x90a4aa for "Cristian" Global Collection.

This is how it should work, but I'm still dealing with javaws issues, so please let us know if that works for you.
    Thanks,
    -Jeff

• 8.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2011 01:58 PM

CristianoP wrote:

Can I view some collections topology?

Not_Sure wrote:

CristianOP,
    In theory, yes.

You can view a collection or a universe, but please understand I haven't actually seen this because I can't get the applet to launch.

Here is how you find your Global modelhandle (which you need for the search)

1) Log into CLI for the landscape you wish to search
    2) Your global collection model type handle is 0x10474, so I recommend running the following to find the mh for the collection you want
    >show models |grep 0x10474
    3) The returned list will show all global collections. Let's say you have one called "Cristian" with mh=0x90a4aa (made up...don't try that handle..haha). The far left number is your actual model handle (per collection), and the right number (before word "GlobalCollection") will be 0x10474 as this, again, is the model handle for "GlobalCollection"
    4) Last you take the mh as the search criteria for your search, resulting in the following url:

(replace with your server name and you use to connect to oneclick)
    http://spectrumserver:8888/spectrum/toplogy.applet?mh=0x90a4aa

From our example, this would connect to server "spectrumserver" on port 8888 and launch topology.applet against our fake/example mh of 0x90a4aa for "Cristian" Global Collection.

This is how it should work, but I'm still dealing with javaws issues, so please let us know if that works for you.
    Thanks,
    -Jeff
    Hi CristianoP,

I can confirm that the URL Jeff provided will function as shown for viewing a container topology (such as a Global Collection)... I have a custom web application that uses this feature.
    Jeff, I suspect that the JRE version you are using will matter, but I have not deviated from the CA-supplied JRE so I cannot confirm.

I once opened a CA enhancement request, asking to expand this functionality to display the "neighbors" topology if a specific device MH is supplied,
    but as of 9.2 H04 that enhancement has not been implemented (I still receive an "Unable to render topology" message), and I do not know the status of the enhancement.

HTH,
    --Mark S

Mark Serencha – Inforonics Global Services, LLC – (m) +1-781-439-0519 – Mark.Serencha_AT_inforonics.com

• 9.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Feb 23, 2021 09:59 AM
    The documentation for 10.4.3 still references using this URL for embedding topology views in a webpage, but when I try to hit it straight up I just get a blank page.  Does anyone know if this function still works with current versions?

• 10.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2021 08:37 AM
    The problem is that most new web browsers don't support applets anymore so that's why it's not working.  You can launch the WebApp in context:

http://<host>:<port>/spectrum/webapp?alarm=5ebe382d-31a8-1000-034e-008010119914
    http://<host>:<port>/spectrum/webapp?topology=0x1000077
    http://<host>:<port>/spectrum/webapp?explorer=10.84.200.91

The format is similar to launching the Java client.  Does that help or were you trying to incorporate with other content on a browser page?

• 11.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Feb 24, 2021 08:56 AM
    The ask that was brought to me was to have the image of the topology for a given global collection available via URL.  For now it's just for a daily report, but long term I believe they're wanting to incorporate it in to other content.

• 12.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2021 09:12 AM
    OK.  A static image or a live view?  The topology applet is/was a live view where model condition (color based on alarm) and topology would change dynamically.  If it's a static report, would a PNG image suffice? I ask because that's probably the quickest way to meet the requirement of a static topology view.  The WebSwing tool kit does support viewing applets in new browsers as well so you can embed them but the work to test/document that configuration hasn't been done yet.  If there were a way to generate a PNG file via URL, would that help?

• 13.  RE: Re: URLS to Spectrum topology

Posted Feb 24, 2021 09:28 AM
    A static PNG via URL is exactly what we're looking for.  In my mind, if a user wants a live view then they can use the OC WebApp.