DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Option for 95th Percentile (of the entire period)

Posted May 28, 2014 03:46 PM

I would like to see the 95th Percentile statistic for a time period.

The only metric I've found is that for some prebuilt trending graphs. And that's for each resolution rather than the overall period.

Either in as a column/attribute in the custom tables, as a option for a horizontal line in trending graphs, or a threshold line what Capcity Planning in NFA does.

In any case, I would like some way to identify sites that have high/large spikes which cause network degration, but low overall averages. And does not have the fault of deviations where we may see huge numbers for very low volume increases (ie 1%->5%).

• 2.  RE: Option for 95th Percentile (of the entire period)

Posted May 28, 2014 04:03 PM

So, are you looking to display 95th percentile data for the data gathered by PM2.0 or by NFA? Let me know which one and I'll move this thread over to that category.

• 3.  RE: Option for 95th Percentile (of the entire period)

Posted May 28, 2014 04:09 PM

CAPC (so CA PM)

• 4.  RE: Option for 95th Percentile (of the entire period)

Posted May 28, 2014 04:31 PM

Ah, CAPC is a different product than CAPM2.0. And because our current community platform doesn't allow a thread to strattle more than one product (fixed in the new platform coming in June) I always try to keep threads with the data source. If this is about the reporting side, we should keep it here. If it's about the actual data gathering and calculations, I can move it for you.

• 5.  RE: Option for 95th Percentile (of the entire period)

Posted May 28, 2014 04:52 PM

It's about what's displayable in the dashboard views on CAPC.

Not sure if that's reporting or not.

I'm able to just manually calculate the 95th percentile from the raw data or database, but that won't be viewable.

It'll be nice to know a workaround to have reports which can generate that data without needing to manipulate the raw data in the meantime though.