DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  NPC groups with only Interfaces.

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:26 PM

Having a group in NPC with only interfaces will not work correctly. The group will not show up correctly in NV and reporting for the group will also not work correctly.

To work around the problem either add the Device or Poll Instance to the group. The problem only happens when the group is composed only of 'Interface' items.

This has been identified as a defect and will be fixed in a future NPC service pack.

• 2.  RE: NPC groups with only Interfaces.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2013 03:48 PM
    I tested this is CAPC 2.2.3 and it seems to work fine, so it appears to be limited only to NPC.

• 3.  RE: NPC groups with only Interfaces.

Posted Aug 27, 2013 05:01 PM
    I've never seen this problem. Can you provide more details around what exactly you did to populate the group in NPC? Did you use rules or did you manually populate the group? Did you use the GUI or a web service call?

• 4.  RE: NPC groups with only Interfaces.

Posted Aug 27, 2013 07:36 PM
    I've only tested it via manually adding interfaces in the web, but it is my understanding the problem relates to an 'interfaces' only group and is not related to the method used to create the group, but again I've not tested using either rules or web service call.

• 5.  RE: NPC groups with only Interfaces.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2013 12:08 AM
    I checked on the latest version as Chris says might be a problem in NPC

• 6.  RE: NPC groups with only Interfaces.

Posted Aug 30, 2013 11:54 AM
    Some additional info on this.

The defect logged was for a group including interfaces all for the same device, and only that device.

From what I've seen if the group has interfaces from multiple devices reports are accurate.