AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ECLI not working on Autosys 11.3.6 sp4

Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:19 AM
    Hi,
    I am getting following error while executing any command from enterprise command line interface using WCC. can someone please help me on how to debug this issue.

The command could not be executed. Command processing exception encountered

• 2.  RE: ECLI not working on Autosys 11.3.6 sp4

Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:28 AM
    Hi.

Wrong forum I'm afraid.

You might want to post this to the community simply called "Workload Automation", that's where all the AutoSys people ought to be subscribed, and where "Workload Automation AE" (AE as in "AutoSys Edition") is covered.

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 3.  RE: ECLI not working on Autosys 11.3.6 sp4

Posted Oct 18, 2019 07:10 AM
    As Sunish indicated it is likely a credential problem.  You can set up a global user to make the connection to the command sponsor for all users. So for example if your wcc users are from the Windows AD and your AutoSys is on linux/unix you create one global credential  "_GLOBAL_:unix_user_id" that has rights to log on to the unix server and all the wcc users connect using that user.  Note the AutoSys commands are still run using the wcc user's own id.  for more information see "Managing Credentials" in the AutoSys documentation.
    regards
    Paul

• 4.  RE: ECLI not working on Autosys 11.3.6 sp4

Posted Oct 24, 2019 10:44 AM
    apologies, I was not aware of this terminology.

• 5.  RE: ECLI not working on Autosys 11.3.6 sp4
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2019 02:10 AM
    ECLI tab under WCC is not working... there is direct relation between CRED TAB & ECLI tab. Few things to note or remember:
    1. ECLI tab will execute the commands using command sponsor, if its not installed then we need to fix that first. In your case, command sponsor is working fine, so this option is ruled out.
    2. We are logging in to WCC as a user who is not defined at the autosys server level, so in order to execute the command, we should have permissions to issue commands hence needs to modify the policies both at WAAE & WCC0004 applications. There will be 2 outputs received, one which you have shared & other at bottom of ECLI page under section "Show Error" Can you please share the output or logs from that window..
    3. When we are executing commands using ECLI tab, this is how it works
    • Permission Check -> WCC user (with which we are logged in to issue autosys commands under ECLI) has required permissions or not. if yes, then 
    • the issued command will be executed at the autosys server & output will be displayed under ECLI... Now here is the catch & tricky part which is confusing as well
      • to execute  the command at autosys level, there should be a userid defined under CRED Tab which in turn should be known to autosys server or defined at autosys server level, so that the command can be executed at the autosys server, so which id to use or refer is important & matters here. Generally Monitor ID is what it comes under CRED tab & we use the same monitor id which is defined at server level as well.

So you can try that. but i wud also like to hear more from others on this as this is the most common issue which we ran into. 

You can refer to posts - "ECLI Tab hang on executing command from WCC" or "INvalid User in Credential Tab"

• 6.  RE: ECLI not working on Autosys 11.3.6 sp4

Posted Oct 24, 2019 10:46 AM
    thanks for your answers.
    we have found that ISponsor was somehow removed from the server and due to this command was not executing. we have installed it and now it is working perfectly fine. again thanks for the support.