AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  FTP Credentials

Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:55 AM
    Hi Team,

I am setting up a FTP job (in Unix machine) and my purpose will be to FTP files from my machine (where agent is also available) to different unix machines (CA agent won't be available).

I have checked the agentparam.txt and it has been setup as an FTP client. (Documentation says so)

plugins.start_internal_6=ftp
    ftp.noserver=true
    ftp.ssl.provider=IbmX509

Question 1: Can I do FTP like this? From a machine that have CA agent to another which dont have CA agent? OR is it neccesary that other machine needs to have a CA agent configured as FTP server?

Below is the FTP job I have created -

insert_job: test_FTP_job job_type: ftp
    machine: localhost
    owner: <my user id>
    application: <my app ID>
    alarm_if_fail: y
    alarm_if_terminated: y
    send_notification: n
    ftp_server_name: < IP of machine to which I do FTP >
    ftp_user_type: Simple
    ftp_transfer_direction: UPLOAD
    ftp_transfer_type: B
    ftp_local_user: <my user id>
    ftp_local_name: <my local file path>
    ftp_remote_name: <my remote file path>
    ftp_use_ssl: y

Here we dont have a field for FTP password and my research say thats it need to be registered first under 'Credentials' tab in 'CA Workload Automation AE - DEV' web interface. Iin this screen, I tried to enter my userid & password, but it wasn't accepting and keeps showing 'invalid'.

Question 2: Is my understanding correct that FTP job will pick userID and password from this screen?

Doing further research, I found this documetation (last paragraph) which says FTP users need to be added under "Scheduling Manager". But I couldn't locate a documentation which explains how to do this.

Question 3: Is there a documentation available explaining how to add FTP users to an agent?

Regards,
    Anand 

• 2.  RE: FTP Credentials
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 09:27 AM
    Hi Anand,

For an FTP job type, the owner field is used for the credentials for the remote machine.  You will need to use the autosys_secure command to add the user/password, just like for a windows job owner.
    The format of the owner in the job definition will user@domain and that should match what you use to enter into autosys_secure.  When the connection is made only the user will be used and the domain will not be passed.
    Here is the link for the FTP job: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-ae-and-workload-control-center/11-3-6-SP8/scheduling/ae-scheduling/ftp-jobs-overview/define-a-ftp-job.html

Here is the link for the autosys_secure command:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-ae-and-workload-control-center/11-3-6-SP8/reference/ae-commands/manage-security/autosys-secure-command-define-security-settings.html

Regards,
    Mike