AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Windows job not running

• 1.  Windows job not running

Posted Nov 05, 2019 02:36 PM

Hello, I have CA Workload Automation Desktop Client R12 installed and I'm trying to run a Windows job, where it was supposed to execute a batch file where it opens a desktop app.  CAWA says it ran successfully but as I'm watching the PC where it was supposed to run the job, it never does anything.

I open the event Viewer in windows to see if anything happened and it shows me this 

I don't know if this has anything to do with it not running the job, thank you for any help 

------------------------------
    Heber Solis

• 2.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 05, 2019 03:03 PM
    Hi

What says the job report and the agent log?
    Whats in the job (= the command you want to execute)

cheers, Wolfgang

I know I do really know it!

• 3.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 05, 2019 03:36 PM
      |   view attached

When I execute it, it says this

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Output of messages for workload object 1313262448_HEBER/01_PRUEBA_RUBEN.27/MAIN
    Start date Tue Nov 05 14:24:19 2019
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>start /max /d"C:\Users\MX02689\Downloads\ec406785-7f4b-4c72-8932-ff1a930e4123\App\" TuringExpo.exe "1313262448" "Test"
    ---------------- The end of the file ----------------

I added all the logs, I didn't know which one you were refering, and the command I want to execute is the one that appears in the output of the job we are trying to execute that app an intern testing framwork passing some parameters and want to execute it  from CAWA

Thank you for your help

Attachment(s)

zip
    log.zip   156 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 05, 2019 04:10 PM
    Hi

never seen this kind of logs...

sure that you are using AUTOMIC Workload Automation a.k.a. Automation engine or UC4?

KR
    Wolfgang

I know I do really know it!

• 5.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 05, 2019 04:14 PM
    yes CA Workload Automation Desktop Client R12 and I installed an agent but it isn't working

• 6.  RE: Windows job not running
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2019 01:37 AM
    Hi,

I have to totally agree with Wolfgang: Your problem is not in Automic Workload Automation but in another product CA Workload Automation. It sounds similar but they are two very different products. If you don't believe us, we can't help you either...

This is the wrong forum and you should repost the question in the community Workload Automation.

Regards,
    Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 7.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 06, 2019 04:11 AM
    @Tim Quakulinsky

Aw I just repeated part ​​of what you already said, should learn to read. Sorry Tim!

• 8.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 06, 2019 04:09 AM
    Hi @Heber Solis.

​I have a hunch your product may be CA Workload Automation without the "Automic" prefix. In that case, you need to locate the community for that product, which would be "CA Workload Automation" (without the "Automic" part).

Either way, I second that these logs are not from Automic, and the people here can usually only help with Automic products. You might try looking for an "Help -> About" box, the splash screen of your client, the help files or the documentation in order to identify the product you have - it's probably a good idea to specify the exact product even when posting in the correct sub-forum.

Please understand the background, as I see it:

CA was like a big Hoover of software in that one of it's core pillars of business was to try to own every software under the sun. They purchased or inherited several different Automation solutions from (or with) their respective vendors, some of which had themselves renamed their products repeatedly, and then CA went on to create the most ambigous naming system in the world. Some of their products now have a prefix, such as "Automic", or a suffix such as  "Edition".  Examples are "ESP Edition" (a mainframe Automation product), or "AE", which stands for Autosys Edition (formerly AutoSys). AE also stands for Automation Engine, a totally different product, because there are just not enough letters. All of these are under the moniker "CA Workload Automation".

I am well aware that this description is bleak but it's purely my personal view. If it is disputed though, I'd like to point to the fact that over the years I have spoken to more than one CA employees who admitted they don't really get the product line specifics anymore either.

Best regards,
    Carsten
    ​​​

• 9.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 06, 2019 07:37 AM
    I am sorry, im trying to Delete the post but I can't find where to do it, i already post this in the correct forum I am sorry for this once again and thank you for your help

• 10.  RE: Windows job not running

Posted Nov 06, 2019 07:40 AM
    Hi,

No worries!

We can't delete posts and mods seemingly can't move them between forums, it's all rather restricted at Broadcom's end.

Good to hear you found your product forum and thanks for updating us on that. I hope you get a swift and helping answer by the experts over there.

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 11.  RE: Windows job not running

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 10:33 AM
    Hi All,

I will move this thread to WA.  I know it will be a duplicate, but don't want to lose anything.

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.