AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 26, 2019 02:45 PM
    Hello Team , 

We need to fetch the Job statistics report on daily basis  from WCC (Reporting Tab). I wish to automate this process . Can any one help or suggest me to automate this process.

Is there any possible option to fetch the data using Autorep command.

------------------------------
    Thanks and Regards
    Pratap
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 27, 2019 02:10 AM
    Hey Rajadurai,

Not sure about using the Autorep  command , might be possible.

I'm not using the reporting functionality , but i think the data should be available inside the scheduler db. - you should use caution when handeling the DB , dont overload it :)

some more info could be found at :https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-de/11-3-3/en/monitoring-and-reporting/database-schema

Another option might be using selenium or other automated testing tool to produce the report daily.

Yoni

• 3.  RE: Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 28, 2019 03:43 PM
    Don't recommend doing any custom reporting straight from the database.  Anytime the database changes on future patches or upgrades, your whole process is then broken or suspect.

• 4.  RE: Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 27, 2019 11:40 AM

On Linux I run an autosys job to do that.

insert_job: AE_schedule_report   job_type: CMD

command: autorep -J ALL >/var/tmp/AE_Autosys_Report; echo "Attached you will find the latest Autosys Job Schedule  \

Report" | /bin/mailx -s "AE Autosys Job Schedule Report"  -a /var/tmp/AE_Autosys_Report  all_the_people@mycompany.com

machine: agent99

owner: autosys

permission: gx,wx

date_conditions: 1

days_of_week: su,mo,tu,we,th,fr,sa

start_times: "07:30"

description: "AE scheduled jobs"

alarm_if_fail: 1

Larry C. Glanville

• 5.  RE: Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 28, 2019 03:44 PM
    This will only give a full jil, the OP is looking for an automated way to send a wcc canned report.

• 6.  RE: Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 30, 2019 07:20 AM
    Originally the reporting tab used to be wrapped under the old BOXI product and that could be setup. Since they moved from BOXI to BIRT to I Think it is now JASPER. That functionality was lost. Before Broadcom i had an open request to bring that feature back. 
    Yes i am old and have been using this product for a very long time.. 

Steve C.

• 7.  RE: Reporting using Autosys

Posted Aug 30, 2019 07:18 AM
    That is a very bad commandline process for autosys. That should be ,multiple jobs or one process in a properly coded wrapper.