AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Ca7 clock-time update

Posted Aug 19, 2019 11:35 PM
    Edited by Rajesh Janakiraman Aug 19, 2019 11:39 PM
    Hello Everyone!!

I am looking for a query on CA7's CLOCK-TIME parameter, on how frequent it get updated based on the job's execution. If I needed a job to have CLOCK-TIME updated as 2359 and I wanted to know when it will take this new value to the existing job? will it take to very next's execution of that job or it has any criteria to get reflected in job's run. Please explain!!

In my environment, I have a job which has CLOCK-TIME value as 0243, but I don't want this job to take this CLOCK-TIME value for LATEPROMPT instead I wanted to ignore CLOCK-TIME hence updating the value as 2359 which will lead to do calculation with DOTM and LDTM only. So I wanted to know at what instance the updated CLOCK-TIME value will get reflected for this job during it's LATEPROMT?

Thanks in advance!!

@Marysue @Roderick Woods please guide me if possible!!
    ​​

------------------------------
    Rajesh Janakiraman
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Ca7 clock-time update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 12:02 PM
    Rajesh,

Please post your questions/comments/concerns for CA 7 to the CA 7 community page under MAINFRAME communities so all in the CA 7 community can see you valued input. Thanks....

If you set the CLOCK-TIME on the job definition to 2359, this will go into affect for all job that enters the queue after you make the change. It will not affect jobs that are already in the queue. 

-Roderick