AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Windows job owner requirements

Posted Nov 22, 2019 09:20 AM
    Hi,

I am checking the doc but I cannot find the rights a user has to have to be able to run jobs on a Wintel agents.

I am running AutoSys R11.3.6 SP7

thanks
    José

• 2.  RE: Windows job owner requirements
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2019 12:13 PM
    Hello,
    The user permissions depend on what you are running and how.  There isn't one set of permissions for the user and it can vary considerably.
    Have look at this KD link and it will give some important rights that you should assign.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Windows job owner requirements

Posted Nov 23, 2019 01:20 PM
    ​thanks very much Nitin,

that helps me a lot. Let me one more question. So we need or rights on list 1 or rights on list 2 or we need rights on list 1 and on list 2?

thanks
    José

• 4.  RE: Windows job owner requirements

Posted Nov 25, 2019 02:10 AM
    Thanks Nitin, for the link & can be considered as the reference list, & the id should have  these permissions mentioned in both the lists.

Jose: The job owner id is generally a service account user created by Sys Admins to run the jobs/script  with that specific job owner, hence the above permissions will suffice the requirement to trigger the job / script.

An additional step in case of Windows agent, you need to define the job owner id & password in the autosys_secure "under Manage Users&password" before running the job.