AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 22, 2019 10:58 AM
    With all of the Broadcom upheaval, I cannot find the info I used to be able to.

1st I have a question...

Can an 11.3.3 Agent be upgraded directly to 11.3.7 or does it need to be upgrade in steps ?

Secondly, where are the upgrade Patches that are used to do the System Upgrades ? The links I find take from a CA site to a Broadcom site back to CA site but never lands me on a page for downloading the patches.

Any info would be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:45 AM
    Go to https://casupport.broadcom.com/ and sign in
    Select Download Management
    Search for "AE"
    Select CA Workload Automation AE
    Select the Solution Downloads tab
    Select the version you want from the "CA Workload Automation Agent AE MULTI-PLATFORM' LINE
    Use the filter to narrow you search eg check "CA Workload Automation System Agent" under components.
    The patch instructions will indicate the version upgrade applicability
    eg for Windows 64 bit you can upgrade an agent from 11.3 (or later) to 11.3 Service Pack 7
    regards
    Paul

• 3.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 24, 2019 08:11 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Paul,

Thanks for the info, however...you mention AE, and this is my fault for not being more specific, but...AE is Autosys correct ? I'm working with System Agents for CA7. Does that make a difference ?

Plus, when I go to the link you provided and login, I don't see any link for "Download Management". I'm attaching a screenshot of what the page looks like.

• 4.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 24, 2019 06:41 PM
    Hi Lowell,
    Once you are signed in, as you seem to be with the above screen shot, under CA Technologies you will see Software Support Portal. Click that and you will go into the CA support portal. Then near the top a little to the left is a Menu option with a green drop down arrow.
    Click that drop down arrow and choose Download Management and then on the next screen type Workload in the search field and I think you will get the list of Workload Automation products available to be downloaded.  Find your product of interest and select the version and service pack and and then if you click on the link for the product you would go to a page with .iso images with the product description. Should there be more than one .iso image, choose the .iso file or files you need. 
    Regards
    Greg

• 5.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 24, 2019 10:16 PM
    Hi Lowell,
    as Greg says, you need to select the Software Support Portal.  The agents are the same for the CA 7 workload engine as for AutoSys workload engine except that AutoSys is usually installed using its own installer.  However the patches are the same. 
    regards Paul

• 6.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 25, 2019 08:30 AM
      |   view attached
    Gregg/Paul, thank you. I found the link right after I posted my last reply, just didn't get chance to respond yesterday. But I have one more question...please see the attachment. Do I want the "Product Downloads" or the "Solution Downloads" ? The .iso files in the Product Downloads look like the full blown install pkgs and not just a "Patch".

• 7.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 25, 2019 12:45 PM
    yes that is correct the Product Downloads has the full installation distributions. Solution Downloads have fixes for installed components eg to upgrade an installed agent.

• 8.  RE: CA WA System Agent Upgrade and Patches

Posted Oct 28, 2019 11:28 AM
    Excellent !! Thank you both very much for all the info. Very much appreciated !

------------------------------
    IT Engineer
    Cigna/Express-Scripts
    OH
    ------------------------------