AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Help installing TieBreaker on linux for 11.6.5 sp7

Posted Aug 14, 2019 07:08 AM
    Hey all,

I'm trying to install a TieBreaker server for my Autosys environment, 

I already installed a primary and secondary servers that are up and running , each with its own DB.

First question :
    When installing the TB Scheduler im promoted to connect it to a DB , I uncheck the Create the Tablespaces and Create or refresh Database.
    But to what DB should i connect it ? to the Primary DB or the Shadow's DB ?

Eventually when I start the TB Scheduler i get errors regarding corrupted security.. 

I tried following the instructions at :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/administrating/ae-administration/unix-improve-workload-performance-highly-available-environments/unix-configure-high-availability-mode/unix-install-the-tie-breaker-scheduler
    but they don't specify to what db to connect.. 

Please help :)

• 2.  RE: Help installing TieBreaker on linux for 11.6.5 sp7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 01:27 AM
    Hi Amir,

When you select dual event server you will be required to enter the details for both the databases. The Tie breaker install then test the connection with both the databases.

Regards

Darryl

• 3.  RE: Help installing TieBreaker on linux for 11.6.5 sp7

Posted Aug 18, 2019 02:17 AM
    Hey Darryl,

First of all, thanks for help :)

Now when checking the box for Configure High Availability in the Scheduler Properties screen i can choose the Role Tie-Breaker.

However, I keep getting the message : "The primary scheduler host name cannot be the same as the shadow or Primary Scheduler Host"

The TB server name is ptktl-autosys11web
    Primary server name is ptktl-autosys11p
    shadow server name is ptktl-autosys11s

Ideas? :)

• 4.  RE: Help installing TieBreaker on linux for 11.6.5 sp7
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2019 01:02 AM
    Hi Amir,

Once you select the Tie-Breaker, It will prompt you to enter the primary sever hostname and you need to mention ptktl-autosys11p. This is for the scheduler. You will also be prompted to enter the Application sever hostname as a comma separated value. Here you give all the servers where you have an application server (ptktl-autosys11p, ptktl-autosys11s)

• 5.  RE: Help installing TieBreaker on linux for 11.6.5 sp7

Posted Aug 20, 2019 01:45 AM
    Hey Reginold ,

Thanks for the Tip ,  i will try it out :)