AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Support Tickets

Posted Oct 14, 2019 03:23 PM
    For the second time in a row I've had a ticket closed immediately, just referring me to the documentation. 

I get the following canned response.

Thank you for contacting Broadcom support. Technical support is available to assist with any problems experienced while using our products. For question regarding product configuration please visit our knowledge base https://casupport.broadcom.com/ or reach out to our user community https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware.
    We have a very robust knowledge base to help you find answers as well as an active user community where our customers go to ask questions and share knowledge.

1. Sorry, Broadcom, your documentation isn't that great. 

2. It's Rude.

3.  It's dismissive and leaves the sense that you really don't care about the issues your customer is facing. 

4. See #2.

Grumblesnort.

• 2.  RE: Support Tickets

Posted Oct 15, 2019 07:13 AM

I am with you on that Linda. If some of us open a ticket it is because we know how to look up the fix and found none.

Broadcom - L1 needs some re-training.

Thank you

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  RE: Support Tickets

Posted Oct 15, 2019 09:21 AM
    I have also received that canned message after some work to try to view the communities, knowledge boards, and documentation on the topics I was looking to resolve and the response was not close to what I was after.  Support should never immediately close a ticket on the assumption they have answered the question, they should ask and take the time to address it, from a Level 1 priority all the way down to a Level 4 question.

Chris K

• 4.  RE: Support Tickets

Posted Oct 18, 2019 02:59 AM
    I too agree. there is no SLA for them & even if there is any SLA, they dont follow. raised 1 ticket with SEV 2 & got the response after 2-3 weeks by then we our self fixed the issue.

• 5.  RE: Support Tickets

Posted Oct 21, 2019 10:13 AM

What did you do Linda? Re-open? I have opened a couple issues here and there – most remain open but I have had 1 or 2 closed prematurely – I re-open and escalate.

They have that button to press within the ticket also. Hope all is well!

Peace,

John Surette

• 6.  RE: Support Tickets

Posted Oct 22, 2019 01:45 AM
    Hey Grumblesnort,

I am totally with you. I had the same thing happen to me (which eventually led me to start being more active on the community forums [so at least one good thing..])

For starters i'd recommend tell them what you think on the surveys they send now and then - once i filled one with bad review they came back to me a couple of days later.

I also asked our department for buying/signing contracts for products to give me the mail and phone of the vendor (we are not buying the product directly from CA) and told them about the bad support i was getting. They contacted some guys at CA and passed the message.

Last but not least, if time is starting to run out , open a case with higher priority (I know it doesn't feel appropriate , but it seems higher importance issues are treated by a different   team..)

Hope it helps,

Yoni

• 7.  RE: Support Tickets

Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:27 AM
    ​Agree with all 4 points Linda highlighted. I even had P2 open for month unresolved than I just closed my self, many other tickets in last 4 to 5 months without any resolution. I have "raised concern" in many tickets but nothing happened.