AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade

Posted Nov 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Hoping someone might be able to help.

Recently upgraded our v11.2 test system to v12.1 ( we're on Solaris AE systems ) and we've found that our RA.FTP ( v4.0.2 ) solution doesn't display the expected FTP tab in the web interface when we open the RA.FTP job objects. It does appear in the unsupported desktop client though.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour with missing RA solution configuration tabs in the AWI?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 2.  RE: v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade

Posted Nov 13, 2019 12:23 PM
    When we upgraded to 12.3, we also had to use dbload to apply FtpAgent_solution.jar to our database, and then recycled tomcat.  This installed the required webapp support stuff.

------------------------------
    Pete

• 3.  RE: v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade

Posted Nov 14, 2019 09:13 AM
    Many thanks for the suggestion, I reloaded the RA FTP solution and restart Tomcat but still no joy. It's odd because it was a fresh install UC4 system and I CC'd the clients and objects in from another system.

I'll raise a support request as there's obviously something not quite right internally.

Many thanks again.

• 4.  RE: v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade

Posted Nov 14, 2019 09:47 AM
    For 11.2 there was an option of loading a "no-web"version of the RA Agent.   When you reloaded, did you just reload what you had or download it again?

Architect, Systems Administration
    Treehouse Foods

• 5.  RE: v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade

Posted Nov 14, 2019 10:07 AM
    Hi Richard,

Interesting you replied just as I was reading some release notes and it might be that I have a "non-web" of the solution. I simply reloaded "v4.0.2 build 44", the exact same version we had in our 11.2 system prior to the 12.1 upgrade. I'm wondering if it might be worth simply downloading the latest v4.0.7 of the RA.FTP solution and just loading that. It's a test system so it's not a huge issue to load a new version.

Thanks for the tip-off Richard

• 6.  RE: v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade

Posted Nov 15, 2019 09:00 AM
    ​There are two versions of the FTP solution. One had the "plain" name, and one had the "noweb" suffix. As with Automic's usual unhappy choices of names, "noweb" actually meant "for the Java client" and the other one is for the web client.

You are very likely using the wrong one. Missing FTP tab is exactly the matching symptom for that. Download the none-"noweb" one and install it. Your FTP tab should be back then.

• 7.  RE: v12.1 AE - FTP tab missing in RA.FTP job objects after upgrade
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 19, 2019 08:27 AM
    *** SOLVED ***

I needed to load the very latest v4.0.7 of the RAFTP solution, this solved the problem immediately.

Thank you to everyone for your kind suggestions!