AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Calendars dates got reset in Autosys

Posted Nov 21, 2019 08:48 AM
    ​Hi,

I have recently updated Autosys calendars for 2020 in both UAT and PROD environment. I have used the autocal_asc to add dates to existing calendars. I have the dates in excel sheet and just copy-pasted using autocal_asc and all dates were updated successfully for 7 calendars. Later on I had to delete one date and add another in 3 calendar as per our client. I double checked the dates after deleting and adding new date and it was looking good. But next day we found out that few jobs in our PROD environment ran at different times than usual. While checking I found that 3 out of 7 calendars got their time reset to 12:00AM. Earlier these calendars had times 8PM, 8:30PM and 8:45PM. These are the same 3 calendars to which I had deleted and added another date later on. These 3 calendar had dates from 2009-2020 and all dates got reset to 12AM. I am trying to find the cause of it. I have same performed the same task in UAT and all good in UAT. Can anyone please throw some lights on it?

Regards
    Waseem

• 2.  RE: Calendars dates got reset in Autosys

Posted Dec 02, 2019 02:50 PM
    This doesn't make any sense.  Calendars in Autosys only contain dates.  Not times. 
    If the execution time changed then either the job changed or the server's timezone changed.

• 3.  RE: Calendars dates got reset in Autosys

Posted Dec 03, 2019 07:13 AM
    Hi Linda,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah it doesn't make any sense to me as well but yes, this has happened and I was also surprised to know this behavior. Nothing was changed in the jil of the jobs or timezone. I am looking for someone who has experienced the same issue with Calendars or may be someone from Broadcom can provide any explanation for the same.​

Regards
    Waseem