AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Posted May 09, 2018 09:16 AM

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? I am trying to use IIB monitoring an MQ queue to detect an MQ message that has been added to the message queue by a third party app once the message arrives I want to add a job (already defined and stored in the Autosys Db) to the plan. Anyone have a way or examples of doing this or something similar?

• 2.  Re: MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Posted May 09, 2018 07:33 PM

Hi Ian,

JMS Subscribe job in AE with CA WA Agent for Application Services might serve this purpose.

Please review this:

JMS Publish and JMS Subscribe Jobs Overview - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Docu… 

Cheers,

Chandru

• 3.  Re: MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Posted May 10, 2018 02:56 AM

Thanks for the reply Chandru, however I am working under a constraint that I can't use JMS or any Java based messaging. I should have called that out in my original post.

I have looked at the agent for app services and it would be fairly easy to use.

I am trying to trigger a job on autosys with a sendevent produced from a script/.net service, something like that that monitors an MQ and then sends a sendevent to autosys to trigger a job when a message arrives on the monitored queue.

Ian

• 4.  Re: MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Posted May 10, 2018 09:33 AM

I would not issue a forcestart but a set of a global variable. just put the agent on the machine montioring the service.

then have it issue the sendevent and make sure the id running has permissions in eEM.

Not hard just work

Good luck

Steve C.

• 5.  Re: MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Community Manager
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 01:50 PM

Ian, did you get the help you needed? Was Steve's insight helpful?

• 6.  Re: MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Posted Jun 19, 2018 03:05 AM

Hi, thanks for the replies so far. I am unable to use the agent and am forced down the path of using the CA Client.

I have three patterns to prove.

1. MQ Message > MQ Trigger > Powershell Script > Client (sendevent with a job name to run)

2. MQ Message > .net service > Powershell script > Client (sendevent with a job name to run)

3. MQ Message > IIB Flow > Powershell or C++ app > Client (sendevent with a job name to run)

For various reasons I am forced down these routes. Any help from anyone that has done similar would be of help.

Thanks

Ian

• 7.  Re: MQ message arrival on IIB to trigger dynamic Autosys Job Help?

Posted Jul 21, 2018 10:52 PM

Hi Ian,

Have you made any progress on this? Please share the solution you decided on so other community members could learn/benefit.

Thanks,

Chandru