AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:16 AM

We are trying to export & import the WCC & EEM policies from old Autosys envt to new Autosys envt

however, we are facing issues while doing that, so I want to know if:

1. is there any documentation available or sequence of activities which i need to aware of or take care.

2. Policies of WCC & EEM version R11.3 will be compatible & working correctly after importing in new version of R11.3.6 SP7.

3. i want to append or add the policies of Old application "Wcc0003" in WCC0004, however old application in itself got added instead of appending in WCC0004.

• 2.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:19 AM

Version details are as follows:

OLD EEM Version of DEV - 8.4.415

OLD WCC version of DEV -

Product Name: CA Workload Control Center Copyright: Copyright (c) 2010 CA Inc. All rights reserved.

Level: 11.3 Service Pack: 1 Build Number: 50 Build Suffix: 0

Instance Name: DEVATSYS

Currently Applied Patches ========================= RO60221

New ENVT Details

EEM Version: Release: 12.6.0.5

WCC Product Name: CA Workload Control Center Copyright: Copyright (c) 2018 CA Inc. All rights reserved.

Level: 11.4 Service Pack: 6 Patch Number: 0 Build Number: 20180302-b425

Volume Label: CA-WCC11.4.6-03-02

Platform: linux

• 3.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:55 AM

Sunish, there's documentation on how to do this.

For the WCC0003 problem, you have to change the label in the xml file before you import, it is part of the documentation. There are a lot of policies that are now defunct, so make sure you go through the steps in the documentation. I will see if I can find the link and post it here, otherwise someone from CA should be able to post it too.

• 4.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 06:17 AM

How to remove the WCC0003 if imported in WCC0004 envt ?

Any documentation or steps to remove all the WCC0003 imported data from WCC0004 envt.

• 5.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies
    Best Answer

• 6.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

• 7.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 04:24 AM

Hi sunish

Please take a look at the following Technical document to get

Information on how to export /import WCC and EEM policies

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-to-export-and-import-eem-policies-using-the-gui/kb000009574

please take  look also at the following KD's

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/export-eem-polices-using-safex/kb000049572

and

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/f140202-unable-to-make-initial-connection-to-database-at-jdbcderbylocalhost1527wccmonitorcreatetruecollationterritorybasedterritoryenus-shutting-down/kb000006443

I hope this can help

Thanks and best regards,

Faouzia

• 8.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 09:03 AM

I for one would be very careful about trying to import such old policies. Safest is to rewrite them. unsure why the eEM servers were never upgraded.

That's the real issue here.. if you ask me

Good luck

Steve C.

• 9.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 10:20 AM

that was going to be my question as well, when I posted a second EEM link...probably in my sleep

• 10.  Re: Regarding Export& Import EEM & WCC policies

Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:30 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response, i agree that eem will have old policies which are no more in use, however:

1. If old policies get imported in new EEM, will that be any issue? i mean which kind of issues you are suspecting or which i need to be aware of.

2. If i need to rewrite those manually, then do i need to do that for Users & Groups/DUGs as well or those can be imported & policies can be created manually.

3. what will be the sequence - i mean first i need to copy or create -> users -> groups/DUGs -> policies or sequence does'nt matter.

4. Since i dont have AD integrated, so if i need to find out or count how many users (in total) is defined in WCC then how can i check that information.

5. During the import/export, password for WCC users will also be copied & users will be able to login with old passwords?

6. With safex, we will be able to export/import the policies of WorkloadAutomationAE as well?

I am not sure why EEM is not upgraded till now by previous admin.

Looking for your reply.

Regards,

Sunish