AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 08:11 PM

I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL. Because the jil attributes are different fields, they conflict, instead of cancel the other. I end up with the error:
    <The JIL keyword "days_of_week" cannot be specified together with JIL keyword "run_calendar".>

Previously it was using days_of_week. They changed to use a calendar, but the JIL import isn't smart enough to realize this, so it fails to update the job. Any suggestions?

• 2.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 08:31 PM

Hi Chris,

When you say "They changed to use a calendar, but the JIL import isn't smart enough to realize this..." how did they change it? jil must have complained back then too?

How about you update the JIL to delete the days_of_week or comment it out?

• 3.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:04 PM

I'm sorry, that does sound a little confusing. They update the job in DEV(via WCC), then want to migrate the changes to higher environments. But the JIL update doesn't understand that we are replacing run_days with the Calendar. Maybe this is something for an idea. To make update smart enough to be able to replace one thing with the other, if there is a conflict.?

• 4.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 26, 2018 07:00 AM

Run_calendar precludes days_of_week because those are the actual days you want to run the job. You COULD never have both.

update_job: JOBA

days_of_week:

run_calendar: mycal

Simple as that ..

Steve C.

• 5.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 10:46 PM

So, they are trying to import a JIL file via WCC ECLI and the JIL code just has:

update_job: <job>

run_calendar: <calendar>

If my understanding is correct, can they add another line to their JIL for jobs they're replacing days_of_week with run_calendar?

update_job: <job>

days_of_week: <space>

run_calendar: <calendar>

<space> is just a white-space character.

Thank you,

Chandru

• 6.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:28 PM

They are just exporting the DEV jil, expecting that it is going be correct. I have no way of knowing what changed, until I try to migrate it to the higher environment, and it fails. It just seems like the JIL import, or Export would be able to take care of this. There is another issue with changing from times_of_day, to minutes_after_hour, that will cause the same problem. Maybe the export needs to export both options, so that any change would be caught by the import. Just a thought.

• 7.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:58 PM

You mean to say, exporting from WCC has both run_calendar and days_of_week in the JIL? Wondering how could that be when they are mutually exclusive?  I am trying to understand if there is a bug or a scope for enhancement. And I guess with minutes_after_hour, you meant start_minutes 

• 8.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jul 04, 2018 10:19 PM

Hi Chris,

Did any of the suggestions help? Please "mark correct" the one that helped.

Thank you,

Chandru

• 9.  Re: I am unable to switch between calendars and run days with JIL.

Posted Jul 21, 2018 10:39 PM

Hi Chris,

Please let us know if any of the suggestions so far helped.

Thanks,

Chandru