AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 07:26 AM

I have two autosys server's primary and secondary those are running on their default agent machines.

-bash-4.3$ chk_auto_up
    ______________________________________________________________________________

CAUAJM_I_50054 Attempting (1) to Connect with Database: ******
    CAUAJM_I_50055 *** Have Connected successfully with Database: XXXXX. ***

CAUAJM_I_50128 Connected with Event Server: **********

CAUAJM_I_50038 Checking CA WAAE Primary Scheduler on Machine: tigera1a.main.a1.com
    CAUAJM_I_50044 Primary Scheduler is RUNNING on machine: tigera1a.main.a1.com

CAUAJM_I_50038 Checking CA WAAE Shadow Scheduler on Machine: tigera1b.out.b1.com
    CAUAJM_I_50045 Shadow Scheduler is RUNNING on machine: tigera1b.out.b1.com

I want to change primary scheduler running machine from tigera1a.main.a1.com to some other machine,

how could i modify or change the running machine?

regards,

G.Ramakiran Reddy.

• 2.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 08:26 AM

No different than how you loaded the shadow. drop the software on the new server as if it were the shadow. 

stop everything.,. reconfigure the $AUTOUSER/config.$AUTOSERV on the necessary servers.

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 09:22 AM

hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually I have deleted localhost machine i.e (tigera1a.main.a1.com) by using jil DELETE_MACHINE method.

-bash-4.3$ jil < CREATE_DELETE_MACHINE.jil

CAUAJM_I_50227 Deleting machine: tigera1a.main.a1.com
    CAUAJM_I_50202 Delete was successful!

CAUAJM_I_52301 Exit Code = 0

but still primary server is running on the same machine which i was deleted earlier. 

-bash-4.3$ chk_auto_up

CAUAJM_I_50055 *** Have Connected successfully with Database: *****

CAUAJM_I_50128 Connected with Event Server: xxxxxxx

CAUAJM_I_50038 Checking CA WAAE Primary Scheduler on Machine: tigera1a.main.a1.com
    CAUAJM_I_50044 Primary Scheduler is RUNNING on machine: tigera1a.main.a1.com

that is the reason i have asked, is there any way to change localhost machine on primary scheduler?

regards,

G.Ramakiran Reddy.

• 4.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 09:27 AM

?? deleting the localhost machine does nothing to do what you want. that just sets or creates the message at start up that no local host was created. you are asking for a new primary scheduler machine.
    I told you what to do. if you want machine b to be the new Primary Scheduler. you need to load the software onto it and then update the configuration on the old primary, the shadow and the new primary.

I am not sure if you are the autosys engineer/admin etc. but that is what you need to do.

Good luck.

Steve C.

• 5.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 09:56 AM

hi Steve,

Issue was happened when i'm not able to stop an agent using command unisrvcntr stop all and also i have tried using script called ./cybAgent  -s  to stop it but no luck, so i have killed the process by taking the PID of WAAE_AGENT. After it I have totally uninstalled Autosys server and Re-installed. 

my expected output :

bash-4.3# autorep -M ALL

Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status

tigera1a.out.a1 --- --- 1.00 Sys Agent Online

current output:

bash-4.3# autorep -M ALL

Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status

tigera1a.main.a1 ---  --- 1.00    Sys Agent   Online

tigera1a.out.a1 --- --- 1.00  Sys Agent Online

i don't want tigera1a.main.a1 machine so i have deleted when i do chk_auto_up still that machine was running in primary scheduler.

bash-4.3$ chk_auto_up

CAUAJM_I_50055 *** Have Connected successfully with Database: *****

CAUAJM_I_50128 Connected with Event Server: xxxxxxx

CAUAJM_I_50038 Checking CA WAAE Primary Scheduler on Machine: tigera1a.main.a1
    CAUAJM_I_50044 Primary Scheduler is RUNNING on machine: tigera1a.main.a1

here i was stuck how can i replace machine tigera1a.main.a1 with tigera1a.out.a1 

• 6.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 10:12 AM

?! chk_auto_up is NOT for the agents it is for the scheduler and application server that are up and running.

What exactly are you trying to do?! If you are not the AutoSys Administtartor please go to that person and explain your issue. 

autoping -m machine name checks to see if the agent is up and running.. 

Please be very careful. that delete you did was not the correct thing to do.. 

Thank you 

Steve C.

• 7.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 04, 2018 05:05 AM

Hoi Rmakiran

I suggest you to take a look at the following Technical Document

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/change-the-autosys-server-hostname/kb000046802

Please let me know if the solution suits your need

Thanks and best regards,

Faouzia

• 8.  Re: how to change the primary scheduler running machine?

Posted Oct 08, 2018 06:24 AM

Hi

By reading this post, the problem is with the System Agent, because you said:

1) Issue was happened when i'm not able to stop an agent using command unisrvcntr stop all 

2) and also i have tried using script called ./cybAgent  -s 

3) to stop it but no luck, so i have killed the process 

Here it means that the System Agent is

1) either very busy and it takes a long time to stop it.  Sometimes and depending on the activity it can can several minutes ( 2 or 3 minutes)

2) or it is stuck

If the process is stuck, depending on the platform you can take a dump of the process with several methods, gencore command, jstack command, kill -3 pid

But in any case,open a CA support case, then when the process is stuck, gather the following documentation before restarting the System Agent:

1) all the files from the log directory of the system agent

2) both the nohup.* files,  if there are not empty, you can find in the installation directory of the System Agent

3) the agentparm.txt file

4) the output of cybagent -vv

5) get the pid of cybAgent.bin and run: jstack PID

Regards

Jean Paul