AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Quick View not collecting

• 1.  Quick View not collecting

Posted Apr 16, 2018 11:02 PM

So I've been testing with the latest WCC and Autosys in my test lab environment and I see that jobs are not being collected...

I keep getting this error:

Error

1. Error: E131013 Job TestPojo1 not collected in WCC. It could mean some problem with monitoring collector.

Thats super informative, specially because now we have no way to force the collector to run and collect jobs. I tried running the wcc_monitor utility to delete the cache and reload, but nothing works.

I found this option under the Quick View Configuration section:

Show Jobs from AE instead of WCC Collector DB

As you can see, I checked it, logged out and logged in back for good measure. WCC still reports that there's an issue with the collector. Why would it still attempt to go to the collector DB if I told it explicitly to go to the AutoSys server instead? Seems like a bug

• 2.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted Apr 17, 2018 12:13 AM

does QEDIT show this job? TestPojo1. If so, can you update the job? maybe add/change description and save it. That might trigger the collector to pick it up on the next scoop.

• 3.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 08:53 AM

Also, any changes to the configuration requires a restart:

unisrvcntr restart CA-wcc-services

• 4.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted Apr 19, 2018 08:58 AM

Deek

you have to check the collector logs on all WCC servers. i think there are 6-8 threads if you have java crashes spanning all the threads you need to restart WCC. 

regardless if there's a WCC up and running. it is a royal PITA . This is what i have found is needed.

Good luck

Steve C.

• 5.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted Apr 19, 2018 09:15 AM

Time capsule: Memories of putting in a weekly job to recycle the wcc services!

Chris <CJ>

• 6.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted Apr 19, 2018 09:16 AM

Good ole R11.0

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 7.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted May 01, 2018 02:34 PM

Hey Steve, This being my lab environment, I initially started out with one WCC...

The only way I got this resolved was by restarting all the services (AutoSys and WCC).

But the BUG I think is WCC doesn't recognize that it needs to go to the App Server when the checkbox is selected and keeps looking at the WCC Database instead.

• 8.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted May 01, 2018 02:35 PM

When did this change? I remember CA changed everything to be hot-deployable even back with 11.3

• 9.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2018 02:48 PM

A new Configuration parameter “Show Jobs from AE instead of WCC Collector DB” was introduced in 11.4 SP6 (Configuration| Preferences | Quick View)
    By default this is not checked, one need to choose the checkbox and restart WCC to use this functionality

• 10.  RE: Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted Nov 17, 2020 01:28 PM
    Hello Steven , 

If you choose Configuration - > Quick view - > Show Jobs from AE instead of WCC Collector DB

If we check the above one Will it take time to reflect in the wcc console . We have 6,60,000+ jobs in our environment . 

• 11.  Re: Quick View not collecting
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi Daddepalli

Please take a look at the following TecDoc regarding the error you got 

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/ca-workload-control-center-error-e131013-job-jobname-not-collected-in-wcc/kb000044850

Thanks and Best regards,

Faouzia

• 12.  Re: Quick View not collecting

Posted May 01, 2018 02:10 PM

Hi Daddepalli,

Is your issue resolved?  Do you still have this issue? 

Please make sure the Monitor login credentials in the WCC configuration is updated if you have changed the password.

Thanks

Soundar