AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agent not running any script

Posted Aug 29, 2017 05:06 PM

We have a 11.3 windows agent that is showing success message on job runs but it is not actually running anything. The std out file it creates is empty. Tested it with a dir command in a .bat script and still it returned nothing. Restarting agent fixes this issue temporarily. Can anyone please help.  

• 2.  Re: Agent not running any script

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 12:23 AM

Hi Shahbaz,

Please open a support case and upload the logs and agent details to it so that we can check what is happening.

Regards,

Venkat Bharadwaj

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Agent not running any script
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 30, 2017 09:18 PM

Hi Shahbaz,

My guess is you have a job/user profile with an exit 0 command somewhere and when the agent sources this profile, it picks up the exit code 0 and completes the job.

Can you please update the agentparm.txt file with following parameters (for investigation purposes) and recycle System Agent service? Re-run the job (dir command, if you like) with the updated settings and once the job goes to success, collect the spool and job logs and upload'em here (after masking hostname and such, if you like).

agent.spool.success.autocleanup=false
    oscomponent.joblog.success.autocleanup=false

• 4.  Re: Agent not running any script

Posted Aug 31, 2017 04:07 AM

• 5.  Re: Agent not running any script

Posted Aug 31, 2017 07:14 AM

make sure the id has locgin locally and login as batch settings

also make sure of the following settings:

oscomponent.lookupcommand=true
    oscomponent.joblog=true
    oscomponent.cmdprefix.force=true

I do not think opsys is 100% necessary i have seen it work with and without. 

you JUST tried running the dir command and you have std_out_file and std_err_file set? 

and you looked at the output of the agent log and spool log and you see no smoking gun? 

Please review carefully, I feel as if we do not have the whole story,, 

Good Luck

Steve C.

• 6.  RE: Agent not running any script

Posted Nov 11, 2019 04:44 PM
    Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem it says it finished but it didin't do anything