AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Report / Flow Diagram showcasing the full path / flow / dependencies of applications in DE-Series

• 1.  Report / Flow Diagram showcasing the full path / flow / dependencies of applications in DE-Series

Posted Sep 26, 2017 02:42 AM

Hi,

I have recently deployed DE Series tool and explored it extensively and liked SIMULATION feature which this tool proposes, however while working on this feature, I found this feature as incomplete as it is just running the simulation for the specific application in question.

it will be really good and more helpful if this tool / feature provides a report or flow diagram  where in the whole flow / dependencies (Predecssors and Successors) information can be displayed.

eg -

APP_A -> APP_B -> APP_C

|

APP_D -> APP_E

so if I run a simulation on APP_B, it will show me when and how much each job in APP_B will take, but it doesn't say or show anything about PREDECESSOR (APP_A) and SUCCESSOR (APP_C) in this case.

Similarly if we are running a simulation for APP_A, it should say / reference about its Successors - APP_B, APP_C, APP_D and APP_E

Reference to predecessors and successors (just name of applications) will help the operations and ease the daily chores and provides a easy reference to business/application teams as well to understand the flow.

There do exists some reports but those are not quite useful and not sufficing the requirements.

• 2.  Re: Report / Flow Diagram showcasing the full path / flow / dependencies of applications in DE-Series
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 01:42 PM

There is a new feature in DE Web Client 12.0.02 Display the Extended and Cross-Application Dependencies of a Job

You can open an idea for further enhancement if needed.