AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Autosys Machine Container

Posted Mar 31, 2017 06:46 AM

Hi All,

I am looking to set up a machine container in Autosys to look like the below example:

Example_Example_MAIN

Example_Example_MAIN.Machine_Name1

Example_Example_MAIN.Machine_Name2

Example_Example_MAIN.Machine_Name3

Example_Example_MAIN.Machine_Name4

The way i am currently controlling these machine is to send 2,3 & 4 Offline and leave 1 Online. Then if 1 goes Offline then i will send 2 Online and the batch will run on that machine. 

Is it possible to leave all machines inside of a container Online but specify a machine priority? For example if i leave all machines Online then the batch will automatically target Machine_Name1 but if 1 goes Offline then the batch will automatically target machine 2 and so on. 

Sorry if this is a silly question, i'm still only a beginner! 

Thank you in advance! 

Cameron.

• 2.  Re: Autosys Machine Container

Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:21 AM

AutoSys Virtual Machine

Been there since version 1.0/2.0

Hope that helps

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  Re: Autosys Machine Container

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:43 AM

You need to insert separate real machines and add them to a virtual machine as below:

insert_machine: realmach1
    type: a
    insert_machine: realmach2
    type: a
    insert_machine: virtmach
    type: v
    machine: realmach1
    machine: realmach2

You could use the virtual machine name in the job definition for machine attribute.

You might want to have a look at Load Balancing using Virtual Machines

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 4.  Re: Autosys Machine Container

Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:53 AM

You can control the order in which machines are chosen using the load balancing attributes (e.g. factor).

By doing that you should not have to keep machines offline and manually bring them online later.

If a machine goes offline or is overloaded (per your settings), then the workload will automatically be directed at the next prioritized available machine.