AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Tech Tip: How to Export/Import EEM Policies using the EEM Safex Command (For Windows)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 10:11 AM

You can use the EEM safex command to export and import EEM policies via Command Line. Within the EEMr12_Export_Import_v4.zip file, under the Docs directory, there is a guide with instructions on how to complete this process. Place this zip file onto the server where EEM is installed.

NOTE: You can use the EEM safex command to export EEM policies via an Autosys job by following this guide.

Tips for using the EEM Safex Command for Workload Control Center and Workload Automation AE EEM Policies

• Extract the contents of the EEMr12_Export_Import_v4.zip into your %EIAM_HOME%\bin directory
    • It is recommended to name your export file – if you don’t, each time you export an application it will use the same default file name. Your previous exports will constantly be overwritten.
    • Below is an example of a Workload Control Center export with a specified file name.

NOTE: There should be NO SPACE between the switch parameter and input (i.e. –u{username} should read as -uEiamAdmin)

safex_export_wcc.jpg

• Below is an example of a WorkloadAutomationAE export with a specified file name.

NOTE: There should be NO SPACE between the switch parameter and input (i.e. –u{username} should read as -uEiamAdmin)

safex_export_waae.jpg

• You will find your exported policies in the EEMr12_Export_Import_v4\XML directory

location_of_xml.jpg

• If you want to import your WCC or WorkloadAutomationAE policies into a different EEM instance, use the Import parameter and XML file.

NOTE: This command will REGISTER the application to EEM, as well as import the EEM policies. You do NOT need to register WCC or WorkloadAutomationAE prior to running this command. If you have either application registered to EEM, this command will (1) unregister the application     from EEM, (2) register the application with EEM, and (3) import the EEM policies.

• Below is an example of a WorkloadAutomationAE import that (1) unregister the application from EEM, (2) register the application with EEM, and (3) import the EEM policies. [There are 3 Autosys instances.]

safex_cmd_import-1.jpg

safex_cmd_import-2.jpg

safex_cmd_import-3.jpg

• 2.  Re: Tech Tip: How to Export/Import EEM Policies using the EEM Safex Command (For Windows)

Posted Dec 11, 2015 12:37 PM

Hi Jameela,

It should be noted that using the export/import feature for EEM in order to upgrade WCC or WAAE does NOT enable any of the new functionality from the newer release, nor are the changes visible in the policies etc.  I noticed this upgrading from WCC 11.3x to WCC 11.4 where I expected to see the new widgets for machines and Active Users.  In order to get that functionality I had to allow the upgrade/installation and redo all the policies and user definitions.

• 3.  Re: Tech Tip: How to Export/Import EEM Policies using the EEM Safex Command (For Windows)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2015 12:46 PM

Hi Len,

I'm not 100% sure I understand your comment. Are you exporting your current EEM policies and registering WCC to the new EEM instance, using only your exported policies?

The purpose of the utility is to export your current EEM policies so that you can import them into your new EEM instance after you have registered WCC and Autosys with the default EEM policies. You shouldn't bypass registering WCC with EEM using the UWCCRegister.xml file or you won't be able to use the new functionalities in r11.4 SP1.

Thanks, Jameela

• 4.  Re: Tech Tip: How to Export/Import EEM Policies using the EEM Safex Command (For Windows)

Posted Dec 11, 2015 12:51 PM

Hi Jameela,

I beleive I did allow the system to register the 'new' WCC and WAAE

policies and then ran the import which overwrote the existing policies with

the 'older' version of the policies thus making the new policies not

available.  I may not have though, I will try again when I upgrade our

production instances early in the new year.

Thanks,

Len Rawling

UNIX Administration

Ph: 780 496-6008

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Jameela_Hudson <

• 5.  Re: Tech Tip: How to Export/Import EEM Policies using the EEM Safex Command (For Windows)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2015 12:55 PM

Hi Len,

I see. Please do let us know if importing your older policies are overwriting the new policies. We would definitely want to take a look at that.

Thanks, Jameela