I opened a support ticket when this published example AutoSys API code for getModTime() gave me wrong results.
In [...]/autosys/com/ca/autosys/services/request/cat2/GetGlobalsReq.html this call should print the last modified time for a global:
System.out.println("Global Modification Time: " + rsp.getModTime());
It showed dates in January 1970, which is the UNIX epoch, similar to seeing galaxies at the far end of a red shift.
Global Modification Time: Sat Jan 17 05:24:45 EST 1970
This hinted toward a date math error, but I didn't know enough Java coding to dig deeper. But I tried a few things and found this (simplified) workaround:
I am hopeful the support answer will be to update the code, but wonder if this will backfire for those who have already found and implemented this fix.
FIXED Modification Time: 12/29/2014 15:46:03