AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Running a job for multiple agents and different parameters (arguments)

Posted May 16, 2014 01:48 PM
    Good afternoon, 
    I want to see if I can help what happens is I need to run the same job for multiple agents with different parameters and would like to do that task scheduling one job and not several. Maybe you can use javascript. Please could help me. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Running a job for multiple agents and different parameters (arguments)

Posted May 16, 2014 02:54 PM

Not knowing which scheduler you are using I cannot say for certain if this solution will meet your requirement. However, I don't see how you can not have one job per agent. Now you do not need to code each job seperately,  As I am most familiar with ESP  ... I can tell you how I would handle this in ESP ... it would be via a Template ... I would define my template in such a way that when you call it you end up with a unique job name  and the each call would pass the agent name and arguements for that agent that you need ... thus you have only one job definition but many template calls for each of the agents you want that job to run on.  I suggest you read the documentation for the scheduler that you are using to see if it supports templates as does ESP.

• 3.  RE: Running a job for multiple agents and different parameters (arguments)

Posted May 16, 2014 11:56 PM

The planner's use r11. SP1 CA Workload Automation Desktop  Cient, the reason for wanting to have only one job for multiple agents is I want to run the same shell script for 52 agents and would like to not have to simplify it that much edit boxes.
    thanks