AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  DE Web Services

Posted Jun 19, 2019 09:15 PM
    Just wondering if there is any plan for an enhancement for the DE web service commands. Currently with 12.1 (not sure about 12.2) the 'triggerAddevent' command will complete successfully as long as the event name is valid, there is no validation on whether or not the job name that you specify for the root jobs to run, exists. This means the web service call will complete but you will get an email stating that the app failed to trigger because the job does not exist in the app.

Wouldn't it be better to have the web service fail instead? We have things setup where customers can submit a request to trigger events. If they accidentally put a job in the request as a root job to run but that job doesn't exist then they still get confirmation that the web service completed. This is misleading and causes our team to have to monitor the email that is then produced and then follow up to take action. This can then lead to issues if my team doesn't catch things quick enough and our customers believe the app has been triggered then go to trigger something else that maybe was to process the output that was supposed to be produced by the first app which would have appeared to the customer as being triggered.

I think i had posted this a while back when it was CA but can't seem to find the post.

• 2.  RE: DE Web Services
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2019 11:39 AM
    Hi Travis,
    Yes, I can see that as an issue.  Can you please open an enhancement request in our Ideas site?

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    [City]
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: DE Web Services

Posted Jun 20, 2019 11:59 PM
    Thanks Nitin. I have created a request for enchacement, link below

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=130fefbd-c180-4cd6-9b81-527c0c7117bd