AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Dose Anyone know which Job/Subsystem was needs by CybAgent at AS400?

Posted Jun 17, 2019 11:30 PM
    Hi,

For some operation need, my customer will End Job/Subsystem at the 10 PM every day.
    But we found when the OP end the Job/Subsystem, we got an error message "Connection was dropped unexpectedly" at AE Job log.
    We want to make sure which Job/Subsystem are needed by cybAgent, then we can asking OP don't  End that.

For our case, we found if we end QZRCSRVS before we trigger Job from AE, the Job will failure immediate and got "Connection was dropped unexpectedly" .

BR
    Chaos

• 2.  RE: Dose Anyone know which Job/Subsystem was needs by CybAgent at AS400?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2019 10:34 AM
    Hi,
    Check if you have any backup or maintenance going on in i5? 
    The subsystem depends on how and where you installed the agent.  See the following documentation link for more details on it.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-system-agent/11-3/en/administrating/control-the-agent/start-the-subsystem-that-runs-the-agent-on-i5-os

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Dose Anyone know which Job/Subsystem was needs by CybAgent at AS400?

Posted Jun 18, 2019 12:28 PM
    Hi Nitin Pande,

Thanks for your reply, In my case, The WA Agent 's Job/SubSystem is CYBAGENT/CAWAAGENT, the user is CAWA.
    I also saw 3 Job/SubSystem used the same user, the Job/Subsystem name as below:
    QNPSERVS/QUSRWRK, QZRCSRVS/QUSRWRK,QPWFSERVSO/QSERVER

I know CYBAGENT/CAWAAGENT is must be, but how about the others?  I found if I end QZRCSRVS/QUSRWRK, the Job will failure.
    That saw like QZRCSRVS/QUSRWRK is must be Job/SubSystem, but this Job/SubSystem is default OS Job/SubSystem, not provide by CA.
    I need to find a rule that can define what Job/Subsystem can be ended, but they don't affect WA Agent.

BR
    Chaos

BR
    Chaos

• 4.  RE: Dose Anyone know which Job/Subsystem was needs by CybAgent at AS400?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2019 12:50 PM
    Hi,
    So, I can't tell what the others subsystems are or related to.  The initial error that you does not appear to be due to WA Agent subsystem restart.  I will suggest to check the admin on who owns the other subsystems.  Also check if any backup or maintenance with the i5 admin.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande