Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

• 1.  Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 09:14 AM

We just got the latest update and are running in some major issues:

- Links are now being opened in FD's own browser window instead of the user's browser. This is a major issue if you have to log into all the sites you are using for work. Please allow us to change or disable that!
    - Bring back the rightclick menu which contains the developer console. It's a useful tool for debugging if something goes wrong.
    - Windows APP settings are gone (start on boot option etc)
    - Tray menu is broken (Quit and About not working)
    - No dot in the tray bar icon for new flow messages, just for mentions it seems. Missing the old way back when the orange icon was there: Green dot for flow messages and red dot for mentions/private messages.
    - The window title should stay Flowdock all the time and not change to the flow's name. This is confusing when looking into the taskbar and not seeing "Flowdock" but something weird.

For the love of god, please revert everything to the last version. The current update is a step into the wrong direction and doesn't improve the user experience like the patchnotes are saying. It's the complete opposite.

You seriously should consider asking your community and customers before making such updates. Some might just look for alternatives if you don't.

• 2.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 10:49 AM

Same here. I just updated to the latest version on Windows 10, and the flowdock app no longer works at all.

• 3.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 10:52 AM

Ask someone who didn't update yet to pack their Programs/Flowdock/ folder and send it to you. That's what we did for now and we are going to stay on that version forever or until Flowdock decides to force everyone to update.

• 4.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 10:57 AM

So... now the app works. I updated about 1.5 hours ago and the it would not load/login, but the it seems to work properly now. Fingers crossed...

• 5.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-03-2018 11:12 AM

Thanks Keith, good to hear!

• 6.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-03-2018 11:10 AM

Hey Guther, thanks for giving the latest version a try!

This is interesting because I'm not seeing any of these issues. I downloaded the latest version (1.0.3) this morning on a Windows 10 machine. 

I'm wondering what OS version you're on? You as well KeithBujak1375893

- All links seem to be opening in my default browser (Chrome)

- Right-click menu comes up appropriately

- Windows app settings are there:

- Tray menu comes up (Quit works and About is in the app right-click menu):

- Red dot in tray icon with new notifications

- Window title just says Flowdock:

• 7.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 11:13 AM

You are not on the latest update then because we have multiple users confirming the said issues since updating.
    All are using Win10

Edit:
    I even did a complete reinstall of the app
    - Uninstall
    - Delete Flowdock folder
    - Delete flowdock-desktop-win folder in AppData
    - Download & Install

Same issues.

• 8.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-03-2018 11:58 AM

Hi Guther,

Apologies for the inconvenience. As JohnStreeter mentioned in his reply, the latest version of the Windows App is. 1.0.3. Can you please share the app version that you are using? We have tried installing the latest version of the app (fresh installation as well as an app upgrade) but are unable to reproduce the problems you are reporting. Can you please share a screenshot of the app version?

Thank You,

Shiva 

• 9.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 12:02 PM

I will be more than happy to provide that information if you tell me how.
    There is no right-click menu for us nor the about button in the tray icon menu is working.

• 10.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-03-2018 12:18 PM

Guther, we have tried installation on Windows 7 & Windows 10 but are unable to reproduce the problem. Can you please do the following for us:

• Provide us the OS version
    • Delete the existing installation
    • Record the installation and the problems that you are facing.  

This would help us to see what is going wrong. Also, please share your email address where we can continue the communication channel further. 

Thank you,

Shiva

• 11.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Posted 10-03-2018 12:23 PM

Already told you that most of us are on Windows 10 - Latest update.
    Also I already did delete the Flowdock installation as mentioned before in one of my answers.

Recording the installation will not help anything because that is working properly.

I'm not going to share my e-mail in public. Please use the one I have set in my account here. 

Edit:
    We just restarted our machines and the said issues are gone. You might wanna mention in your installation process that a restart is required in order to make the app working properly.
    Or at least tell your customers to do so when they experience such strange issues.

Edit2:
    Also we just saw a couple of new files in our folder.
    Those were not there after using the built-in updater to update to 1.0.3. 

• 12.  Re: Please revert the latest update, it's literally breaking a lot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-03-2018 12:35 PM

Interesting! Maybe there is just some funky leftover following the install that needs a restart to clear. Glad you got it figured out!