Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

• 1.  Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 10-15-2018 05:05 PM

Since the last update, I have no special notification dot for @mentions in my Flowdock Windows app tray icon (like the orange one in the old version) - is that a bug or a "feature"?

The only dot notification I have is for any message in any of the flows posted, which is useless for me (the red one, which is I guess the same as the green one in the old version).

Browser version works as before but I don't have the reason to use the app anymore as I used it for the very notification dot.

I tried re-installing the app and re-logging but nothing helped. I have all the administrator rights on my computer.

• 2.  Re: Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 10-16-2018 08:03 AM

Ludovit,

We have seen this issue with some upgrades.  Please see this KB Article:

Flowdock - Windows app: Missing functionality - CA Knowledge 

If the suggested fix does not work for you, please let us know and we will open a case to investigate with you further.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 10-16-2018 11:35 AM

Thanks for your reply but no, restarting my computer did not help.

Ludo

• 4.  Re: Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 10-17-2018 04:26 AM

Ludovit,

I created a case for you and a Support Engineer will contact you via that case.

Michael

• 5.  Re: Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 05-13-2019 12:34 PM

Our department is currently (5/13/2019) having this same issue -- DOTs/notification colors missing from desktop's *TASKBAR/TRAY icons* (almost like it's initially attempting to change, but then immediately resets to "all clear"-state.)

We're running version 1.0.4.

Neither restarting Flowdock, nor rebooting our desktop/laptops seem to resolve.   Note:  Separately, DOTS still appear within Flowdocks's  panel that depicts GROUPS and/or 1:to:1 flows.

• 6.  Re: Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 05-14-2019 05:03 AM

Hi,

Can you please help us with the version of the app on which you were able to see the DOT on Taskbar icon and the operating system on which you were running that version of the app.

Thank you. 

• 7.  Re: Windows 10 app - No notification dot for @mentions / 1-to-1

Posted 05-14-2019 02:52 PM

The Flowdock version failing is 1.0.4 (per above);  O/S varies from Windows 7, Windows 10... 

NOTE:  It worked/works on Flowdock version 1.0.2