Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I publish an activity event via oauth authorized app without knowing the flow_token?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How can I publish an activity event via oauth authorized app without knowing the flow_token?

Posted 03-15-2017 03:58 PM

When I'm trying to publish activity event I'm getting "source can't be blank" error. The easiest way to reproduce:

❯ curl -X POST -u USER:PASS https://api.flowdock.com/flows/ORG/FLOW/messages -d 'source=SOURCE&event=activity&thread_id=THREADID&content=test' | jq

Response:
    {
     "message": "Validation error",
     "errors": {
       "source": [
         "can't be blank"
       ]
     }
    }

Is there any way to publish activity event without knowing flow_token? I couldn't find any way to get flow_token via API.

• 2.  Re: How can I publish an activity event via oauth authorized app without knowing the flow_token?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-16-2017 04:19 PM

Hi Tomasz,

An integration interacts with flowdock by publishing data to the inbox for a flow. In order for a message to get matched up to the right integration in the right flow when it's received, our system expects the flow token, or source token, for that "source" (for example, I may have a source setup in this flow or the CA AC integration).

Source Token Authentication docs: Authentication | Flowdock API 

Hope this helps!

~Leah