Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

• 1.  Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 12-27-2017 11:44 AM

So I'm using the Flowdock Windows desktop app, and the icon glows orange just fine when I get a notification. But it stays orange unless I open the window, minimize it, and open it again. Is this expected, or is it a bug? Some of my coworkers are seeing this same issue. It didn't happen with the old icon (the one with the circle showing a notification), but it does with the new one (glowing orange).

• 2.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 12-28-2017 10:13 AM

Thanks for reporting this to us, Emily, we will investigate this matter.

Kind Regards,

Leah

• 3.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 12-28-2017 11:07 AM

Hi Emily, emrose311

Thus far, we have been unable to reproduce this issue. Are you using Windows 7 or 10?

We did have report that the opposite issue was happening for a customer using Windows 10, where he was not seeing any alerts. After quitting the application AND a computer restart, it resolved the problem.

Can you please take both of those steps, 1) quit the Flowdock application and 2) restart your computer

Then please let me know if it clears up the issue or not.

Thanks!

Leah

• 4.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 12-28-2017 11:11 AM

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm using Windows 10. This has been happening for a couple months now. I have quit and restarted and it didn't resolve the issue.

• 5.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 12-28-2017 12:52 PM

Thanks, Emily. We will keep testing on our end.

~Leah

• 6.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 04-19-2018 11:06 AM

This still happens for me, and it looks like others have also had this issue. Any resolution?

• 7.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 12-29-2017 11:27 AM

I have also been experiencing this issue. I also have an issue similar to this where it will not glow orange most of the time when I get new messages so I have to periodically check. I am also on Windows 10 and using the desktop application. 

• 8.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 04-18-2018 04:56 PM

I've been seeing this as well. Windows10, using desktop app.  I turned off the icon flash because the icon staying orange is really distracting.

• 9.  Re: Why does the Flowdock icon remain orange after opening the window and checking messages?

Posted 05-08-2018 09:59 AM

Thank you all for this info, and I apologize this is still not a good experience for you. I have pinged development about this again and it looks like they are still working on it. Since it is not happening to all (even most) customers, it has been difficult to find the issue, but we will continue to, and happy to, work on it.