Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

• 1.  Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-30-2017 12:02 PM

Flowdock has a new look and we’re excited to share it. After hearing feedback from customers like you, we felt we should return to our roots, but with a twist! It’s a humbling moment to realize that your original icon is just, well, better. So we brought it back with a twist: a new palette and voice.

Oh, and we heard that you prefer Flowdock’s threading over other tools! Jazzed by your enthusiasm, we made it easier for others to discover threading and join the fun. Sign in to view

We want to make sure Flowdock is not slowing down your busy Admins. We added a search to our users page to help them find people faster, and make the appropriate updates.

We hope you enjoy these new changes, let us know what you think!

• 2.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-30-2017 02:45 PM

I'm sorry to say, but the new UI theme is extremely difficult to read, and people at our company are logging out of Flowdock for the day because it is pretty much unusable. Please either revert the theme change, or add an option to let us change to the previous theme, which was much cleaner and legible.

• 3.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-30-2017 04:07 PM

The New changes are not helpful. My team is already looking at switching to Slack. Threading was useful before, now it is a design eye-sore with all the icons everywhere. The UI didn't need to change. It was productive before. Instead you should have worked on something of value to keep people from using Slack or Hipchat.

The last month has been a complete downer. Your team finally commits to working on Flowdock and then we have multiple outages and a terrible product design update.

Bring back the old UI.

• 4.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-30-2017 06:18 PM

The new design is giving me a headache. My company has stuck with flowdock over slack for the well-designed threading system, but it's not worth suffering the new theme for. The old theme was great; please switch back to it.

• 5.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-30-2017 09:43 PM

I'm not stoked about the new design rollout.  I have 10 flows open and only 4 colors?  That means that 4 are the same color and I don't see any way to change it.  I'm sure I'll get used to it but find it much more difficult to view the threads since the colors and icons are much darker and more distracting to the conversation text.  The old one was better from a design perspective since it was a subtle indication of the thread by light colors.  I've also recently been frustrated with the design and reliability of navigating the threads in the mobile apps but just stopped using it there figuring I could rely on the desktop more but that changed today.  Also notifications stopped working for me on mobile for some reason and I haven't had time to investigate why.   I still think Flowdock is better than slack and have been using it for years, but you're eroding my confidence with recent changes.

Not enough colors on the flow list

• 6.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-31-2017 04:49 AM

Hi, I don't want to seem rude and exagerate with the criticism, but the new UI has some really bad details... just details, but the eye goes there on the "everyday" experience:

The font, with that line-hight, makes texts difficult to be easly read

The reply icons for thread are terribles! We love Flowdock's threads. Slack's  announcement was dangerous for you, but the way they did design the threads' feature, did not convince us.  I must always spend some time with new users to explain how to use threads... but this change is too much! We must keep our eyes on the UI for hours, Such psychedelic carnival is really difficult.

Icons everywhere!

We actually don't really care about your logo and app icon... it was not beautiful since the first release and at your third try, it is not getting better. Stop to redesign it instead of working on some important missing features, like the "search on 1-to-1 conversations" or on a better mobile app, that sucks. Please!

Hope this can helps you

Mat

• 7.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-31-2017 09:08 AM

There's one positive change included: for new users it's now probably easier to realize there are threads and how they work.

Besides that, everyone (well, everyone vocal anyway) at our company seems to pretty much hate the change. So much clutter, needless bright colors and icons, hover effects.. it's never been easier to not realize there's actual message content hidden within the page too! Seriously, the visuals and effects demand way too much attention to them. The effect is a little (just a little) less disturbing on the classic theme and outright unbearable on the dark one.

We've been happy users of Flowdock for 6 years but a move to slack was suggested today. Can you just revert the change or at least give a preference to choose?

• 8.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-31-2017 12:29 PM

I might be in the minority, but I like the new look...

• 9.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-31-2017 12:36 PM

I'm in agreement with the others here that the threads are now a little harder to follow.

I think my team will get used to the icons instead of colors, but I see it as a lateral move at best.

One other thing, that I don't see listed here, is having the user name above every message.

Previously, if there were several messages in a row from the same user, their name would only show once, above the first message.

The name now shows for every message and makes the reading a lot more choppy than with the previous UI.

And as a side note, for what it's worth, I use the dark theme so I don't see as many of the other concerns listed here.

• 10.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-31-2017 01:25 PM

The only thing missing for me with new theme is the yellow background color of the message when I'm tagged on a thread. It was much more comfortable to see what messages I was tagged in.

Just the highlighted name in yellow is not enough !

Can you bring back again or add this option ? 

• 11.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 05-31-2017 04:25 PM

The new reply thread icons are awful.  They are too big and too bright.  If you do not revert the change than at least provide a user option that allows the user to turn off the gaudy icons.

• 12.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 06-01-2017 01:51 PM

I'm torn on the changes.  I think for some users it was difficult to intuitively discover and follow threads and this will help.  Further, adding icons per message is a natural next step following that logic.  We do have an adoption problem with non-technical folks within our enterprise, so it'll be interesting to see if this helps.

I personally liked the previous, compact theme.

I don't think I like the font, but will give it a few days.

The user search is nice and welcome.

• 13.  Re: Flowdock Branding & UI Changes - Check Us Out!

Posted 06-28-2017 07:10 AM

We are feeling the same like most of the people here in the comments.
    Especially the new thread icons/markings are horrible and killing the eyes.
    Then I saw the today's update on Android which now has far better thread marking than the Windows app.
    Please just bring back the old design.